Questions
Showing results 2961 to 2980 of 3880

votes

answers

views

I timed it.

I’m not looking for trouble, im just looking for customer service.  I’ve got far better use for my time then sitting on this forum, trolling for answers that will never come—unless YOU, Marshall Amplification changes, which is highly unlikely. You guys are going to be getting a very brutally cold visit from me at the NAMM show!

After going through the entire Blootooth connection process again, which takes like anywhere from 5-10 minutes to get connected, I went to the MyMarshall.com website to download some of the interesting amp models which other users have taken their time to create (thank you to all who have fond this!)  When I download, it goes to my actual login like it’s supposed to, but how do I get it from the mobile device to the amp?  Your video isn’t clear, but do I have to have my device connected to the USB of the amp?  If so, when is the frigging purpose of having Bluetooth then?  If not, what am I doing wrong?

I await for your robotic response.  I’m sure I’ll still be right where I’m at after it comes!

asked 02 Dec 2017 at 01:15 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

votes

answer

views

why do alot of the presets sound so muddy...

asked 02 Dec 2017 at 01:07 AM

Justin beasley

vote

answer

views

I made this comment in response to another query and thought it would useful as part of the general forum...

Been following the comments about Bluetooth for a couple of weeks since I have been having the same problem. What I discovered is that the problem is not the amp but my phone. For all intents and purposes, the amp is just a dumb device that happens to have a Bluetooth connectivity board or circuit built into it. The primary connection device is the users phone, tablet, whatever that has the Bluetooth application. Anyone using a Bluetooth speaker should know and understand that the speaker has no application, just an ON/OFF switch and a Bluetooth circuit. It's the phone that makes the connection. So in my case, it was the phone that dropped or lost the connection to the amp. There was no way I could reconnect, even after shutting everything down and rebooting. Going through the Gateway app on my phone wouldn't work and the blue light on the amp would blink continually.

What I then tried was turning off my Bluetooth on the phone, reactivating, and getting the app to pair up again to the amp. Problem solved.

It's possible that all the wi-fi items I have in the house and garage are confusing the phone and Bluetooth but I haven't troubleshooted that as yet. I have found a simple work-around that, I agree, is less than ideal but gets me using the amp the way I want. I don't disagree with what users are saying but I also think that not every fault lies with the supplier. Perhaps a reasonable challenge to us users would be... if any musician is a programmer or electrical engineer then offer some assistance. I have yet to find any innovator who can design for every nuance we currently experience in this tech world. Also if anyone has another, better work-around then please submit to this forum.
Regards,

asked 01 Dec 2017 at 11:15 PM

Dave Duncan (57)

votes

answers

views

Marshall Support,

Your copy/paste response to everyone is unacceptable!

You know damn well that most bought this amp online! There is no talking it back to the dealer, other then sending it back for a refund!

I hope others agree with me here that the customer Support for this amp is HORRIBLE, if not worse, nothing compared to the REAL Marshall reputation!

We all have the same trouble with Bluetooth. When one ends their session, turns the amp off and shuts down the app, it is impossible to reconnect again without having to delete in your device’s Bluetooth connection to the amp, then going back to the amp to Pair again.

The problem is YOUR programming and design. This amp is great sounding when standing alone, working the controls on the amp itself, but try using a mobile device or tablet, and it’s failure as an amp is evident! This could be simply remedied with the design of a new application and updated, new programming of the amp. Instead, you continue to reply the same thing over and over again!

i ask every Code 25 owner here, am I wrong?!?

asked 30 Nov 2017 at 06:42 PM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

votes

answer

views

I have a couple wireless guitar systems, a Nady and a Uvive. Neither will work with a code amp..the 50w combo or the 100w head. Works fine using a regular cord. The wireless systems work with other amplifiers I own. 

Am I missing something on the amp to remedy this? 

Thank you

asked 30 Nov 2017 at 03:51 PM

Chris Holtz

vote

answers

views

Hello,

My problem is quiet strange and I can not find any resolution for it.

To explain my problem I will start from beginning:

We have 2 places where are presets:

- 100 presets directly in amp

- 100 preset in gatway library

They are diffrent of course :)

I did some modificaiton in both places and I wanted to recover to factory settings.

So in gatway I pushed: MENU- > MY MARSHALL -> RESET GATEWAY PRESETS

After that I did factory reset on amp: Holding "AMP" button while switching on power -> holding store button to recover all presets.

After those actions I don't have original factory preset in amp but I have all the same preset from library.

So Gatway Library and presets directly on amp are the same!

To imagine this situation lets see few beginig presets:

Library:

00 JTM CHill

02 So American

03 19sixty2

Presets in amp:

00 JTM CHill

02 So American

03 19sixty2

They are even if I disconnect all Gatway and remove USB cable!

For example before this situation a had following presets:

06 Ambience

10 Metal edge

Now they are gone :(

I tried:

- reinstall updates

- do another facotry reset in amp

- disconnect/connect marshall gateway

Nothing helped.

While starting there are information about version.

It's "Version 1.11". I don't understand why it isn't 1.41 like last update ?!

I did update for sure.

Just one idea comming to my mind: There is way to do software reset and then do update to 1.41?

Please help me to solve this problem because I lost my favorite presets

asked 30 Nov 2017 at 09:36 AM

Maciej Adamski (1)

votes

answer

views

I  have a Code 50, so I turn to a particular preset and it includes say, flanger. how do I turn off the flanger and maybe add chorus instead. I know that the MOD section can be turned off. If it is on are the inactive effects simply zeroed out or is there a way to enable and disable each different effect. thanks. It looks like this applies to PRE EX, DEL and REV as well.

A second question is can I use the headphone out into either the guitar input or effect return of a second amp, either tube or SS?

thanks

asked 29 Nov 2017 at 04:21 PM

Charles Chiri

votes

answer

views

Ok, don't curse me ok, but, is it cool to use external effects with a code amp? I hav a nice pedal board and I thought it may save me me from switching preset during a song.

asked 28 Nov 2017 at 07:51 PM

Chris Davies (12)

votes

answers

views

Hi, Is there somewhere to find the lessons once offered on this site?

asked 27 Nov 2017 at 03:48 PM

Edward Rauber

votes

answer

views

Hi, I just got a Code 100 Head, software version 1.11. I noticed, that the FX send reacts to the master volume, after I tried to listen to the preamp section only. While having master volume down, there was no signal at all until I turned the master volume up. But even if master volume is turned fully up, the signal is absolutely low, quite "nothing" compared to the output of my rack preamps (JMP-1 for example). Why is the FX send controlled by master volume? Is there any other possibility with a newer firmware? That makes integrating the Code Head with external effects for a live setup absolutely impossible since having different volumes at different venues. The FX send should deliver a much louder signal depending on the volume setting of the selected amp model, the master volume should only affect the Codes poweramp after FX return.

asked 27 Nov 2017 at 11:43 AM

Ricco Löschner

vote

answer

views

Hi, how can I upload the presets from my code 50 amp to my gateway in my.marshall.com and change the order?

asked 27 Nov 2017 at 03:37 AM

Bruno Ortega (1)

votes

answers

views

I bought this Amp because i play different Marshall Amps for over 20 Years now.

The sound is great, but there is always an issue trying to connect my phone with the amp via Bluetooth.

The Amp is in pairing mode, an I tried different Android phones (old ones and the newest), even my
band mates tried a connection. The Amp never disappears on any phone we tried.
Even my Laptop does not even find the Amp.

I tried the firmware update to 1.41, also rebooting, all the things mentioned here in the forum
and in the troubleshooting sections. Nothing works.

I am disappointed, this is not what Marshall stands for!

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 09:25 PM

Roman Kuhn

votes

answers

views

After some more hunting and pecking, I discoved how to get the listings to appear in My Gateway. I had to make sure my phone was connected to my computer then went through MENU on the Gateway phone app. After logging in, the app hilighted SYNC and once pressed away it went. I then managed to sort accordingly and save. The app does what it is supposed to do so now I have no problems at this point. Again, why isn't this explained in a document or tutorial...? Programmers and suppliers cannot expect users to understand their thought process without some clue here or there.

Regards.

edited 25 Nov 2017 at 10:00 PM

Dave Duncan (57)

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 09:16 PM

Dave Duncan (57)

votes

answers

views

Hi, I would like to search or filterpatches, but it is not possible to search by  date or rating or date; this is a mandatory feature expecially when you have several pages...it's a shame because there is no way to find the contribution of others marshall  guys who want to share their presets.

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 02:33 PM

Giuseppe Ceruzzi (12)

votes

answer

views

Which knob values are stored when in preset store mode. I cannot get any knobs only buttons to retain value following the programming instructions. Pedal malfunctioning? Any other tips outside what the manual has to offer?

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 12:43 PM

Ken Putz

votes

answer

views

Ive had this amp five days now and I’m totally frustrated!

Here are my issues:

• Bluetooth Connectivity

The amp loses connectivity with the MyMarshall app constantly!  I’ve followed the instructions.  I’m sitting less then a foot from the amp, yet it loses connectivity from both my iPhone and two different iPads.  It literally takes me 15-20 minutes to get the thing connected, reconnected, and then, BOOM! Again, the sound changes settings on the amp mysteriously, this after taking 15-20 minutes to get the sound and effects exactly the way I want it.  I can’t save the setting, because it disconnects the app from the amp, even though it says on the amp and my iPad settings, that I’m still connected.  Utterly frustrating! It also limits what time I have to practice because I’m spending most of that time trying to get it reconnected and sounding right again.

Also, after following the directions explicitly, I still have to  reconnect the Bluetooth from scratch every time.  The app sucks.

• Apple OSX /iOS compatibility

Guys, Your the best amp manufacturer in the music world.  The music world is OSX/iOS based. Get your brilliant minds together and allow for the amp to be Updated via Apple products!

• The amp and application

This is a great sounding amp, I’m enamored with the sound as I am with most Marshall Amplification products and the price well within reason, but not just the app is HORRIBLE, but also the effects are also less then desirable.  I just can’t seem to get chorus, phase, flanger or echo sounds to my tastes and desires.  Same with the auto wah.  I just can’t believe you can’t duplicate the same great sounding effects as you have in many of your solid state amps.  

I’m hoping you can help, if not, this amp is going back in the box and being returned.

edited 25 Nov 2017 at 10:24 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

votes

answer

views

How to connect Marshal Code 25 via bluetooth to Android

Actualy my first try is on Samsung S5 Neo and they did not working 

I try My Asus tablet Android 7 and thy connected with no problem Marshall Gateway working fantasticly good

edited 25 Nov 2017 at 04:49 AM

Milutin Ninkovich

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 02:46 AM

Milutin Ninkovich

vote

answer

views

Is there an upgrade to the amp that would make switching between patches a little less noticeable? Or do I need to upgrade the pedal? 

asked 24 Nov 2017 at 06:11 PM

Roland Gonzales (3)

votes

answer

views

Once upon a time Marshall used to service old Marshall  amplifiers in Bletchley.  Is this still something that you guys do?

edited 24 Nov 2017 at 01:41 PM

Joao Smart

asked 24 Nov 2017 at 01:40 PM

Joao Smart

votes

answer

views

Is there any design modification being considered that would have a POWER LEVEL control added to any of the CODE amplifiers?

I am finding it difficult to get the level I want to suit different situations, such as studio, personal practice, session practice, etc., because of the sensitivity of the controls when using the amp at lower volumes.

My VOX has a power level control. It is very useful and allows me to use the other controls at the way I want to generate the tones and guitar response without overall volume issues.

Any comments...?

asked 24 Nov 2017 at 02:29 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
Showing results 2961 to 2980 of 3880
Loading - please wait...