Questions
Showing results 2981 to 3000 of 3912

votes

answers

views

how do I play over a part that I have looped .?

asked 10 Jun 2018 at 11:38 PM

joe rodriguez

votes

answers

views

I'm looking forward to a firmware update. Is it gonna happen in the near future?

asked 05 Mar 2021 at 08:01 PM

George Bacan

votes

answer

views

Hello. 

Is the internal load activated by DI out only? 

I want to use the FX send but not the DI out (without any speaker attached).

Thanks a lot in advance. 

asked 13 Nov 2020 at 05:46 PM

Dimitris Nicolakis

votes

answers

views

Is there any way to have it launch and use the current amp state? Maybe I've missed a setting. This has occasionally bit me when I adjust the amp then run the app.

asked 02 Jul 2022 at 04:41 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

votes

answers

views

My amplifier does not work. After switch to ON, the indication LED start blinking in INPUT.  In addtion, I can't move to bluetooth mode. Is there anything I can do? 

asked 18 Apr 2021 at 07:08 PM

Geraldo Magela

votes

answers

views

The American amp model on the CODE is quieter in volume compared to the Marshall models...(the OD models to be precise, not sure about the clean ones)

Any reasons why?

asked 28 Apr 2018 at 02:39 PM

David Lee

votes

answer

views

Changes I make (and save) on the my.marshall.com "My Gateway" area are not reflected in Gateway app. 

Changes I make in the app do get reflected on my.marshall com.

What is going on?

asked 23 Aug 2022 at 10:59 PM

ynumaru@gmail.com kiyoshi (2)

votes

answers

views

Why does my library under my gateway have mutiple copies of patches that I downloaded?

Thanks

Dave Brown

asked 01 Jul 2020 at 10:54 PM

David Brown

votes

answer

views

I just did a update to the Code 50 and it still has different presets than the newer 100 ? Preset #9 on the 100 is called Classic Metal and on the 50 its called American 60's. this makes me wonder if it truly took the update???

edited 06 Dec 2018 at 01:43 PM

asked 05 Dec 2018 at 11:08 AM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

I recently bought a MXR Talkbox and was wondering if the code 100 was compatible with the talkbox 

asked 14 Jun 2018 at 04:39 AM

Woody Humes

votes

answer

views

The "test preset" icon on the wbsite is x'd out when I connect.  I don't seem to be able to test them.  Any Ideas?

asked 23 Jan 2018 at 11:48 PM

Don Becker

vote

answers

views

In case Marshall decides to do another round of Codes, or for people that want to buy one, here is my bottom line after dealing with this thing for a few years. I had Line 6 experience and wanted a simpler all-in-one modeling combo with a bluetooth app that could do hard rock. The Katana looked like a toy so I bought this.

PROS: Solid construction. Looks great. Good range of amps and effects. Bluetooth app is very good and can tune every parameter. Tones can be downloaded and backed up to/from Marshall site. Amp can sound very good (after a lot of tweaking). The Plexi, American OD, JTM Crunch and Acoustic amps are good. The Guv’nor, Compressor, Chorus, noise gate and all the delays and reverbs are useable. Marshall has done sufficient software updates to correct early issues (bluetooth, tones, bugs). Can be used at bedroom volume with Master on ‘1’. Optional footswitch gives good control. Documentation is good. Updater software on PC works well.

CONS: Other than those mentioned above, all the other amps and effects are bad. This includes the JCM800, JVM and Silver Jubilee. All the cabs are bad. None of the stock patches are usable. You have to make your own. There are user uploaded patches you can try but very few are usable. Learning curve is significant. The amp is too loud. When you turn up from bedroom level to louder, the sounds change and become very boomy which should not happen with a modeling amp. No effects loop. The ‘out’ is a mini USB. Connecting to a computer requires a mini USB to USB or Lightning cable, which is not included. I tried to use the USB to record to Garageband and sound came out but I couldn’t make it sound good. The footswitch also has a learning curve, and like other people I had to have mine replaced. 

ADVICE: Don’t buy it. I bought my Code 50 new from Sweetwater for $299 and now the same version of the amp is $399. If you must have a Code, get the 25 instead. It is cheaper and still absurdly loud. The higher volume available in the 50 is useless because it sounds bad. The extra hundred bucks just gets you painfully loud solid state power amp watts. 

If you do get a Code, upgrade all the firmware immediately. You need to connect to a computer to do this, but first you have to find the cable on Amazon. This is unforgivable.

BOTTOM LINE: I have spent too many hours tweaking the Code. This is what I hated about Line 6. But the Line 6 tones were superior. I never got a good JCM 800 sound out of the Code, after hundreds of hours of work. It’s only “great” amp sim, oddly, is the American OD. Marshall’s own Classic Metal patch uses this, not a “Marshall” sim! The Code is marketed as Marshall technology with amp sims created by Marshall, but it is not. Softube created the software and tones. This is not a Marshall amp. Line 6 Marshall sims are far better.

I have now bought a tube amp. I am keeping the Code because I have mastered it and can practice on it but I would not buy it again, certainly not for $399.

edited 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

asked 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

votes

answers

views

I bought a brand new  JVM 410H a few years ago and recently the fuse (fs6) blew. The fuse says it is a T1AE 250VP and I am having a difficult time finding a fuse that have these exact ID numbers. I can find T1AL 250 fuses....Are these equivalent to use?

asked 13 Sep 2021 at 03:25 PM

Steve Kopis

votes

answers

views

I just bought a Code 50 amp today in the LA area, and am very excited about the sounds I have already programmed! Mine came with firmware 1.11 ~ Has a lot been improved since that version? So far, my only disappointment has been that the Clean American amp model has bad problems with the noise gate trailoffs (introduces a fuzzy distortion as chords start to fade) ~ I haven't noticed this on any other models yet. Anyone else?

Thanks,
Hadley in LA-LA Land

PS: Is there any reason I cannot see the answers to all the forum questions?

asked 22 Jun 2018 at 12:55 AM

Hadley Hockensmith (1)

votes

answers

views

Hello,

I have just bought the Marshall Code 100 which I was really excited about having read the description and watched the demo videos. The amp does sound amazing, but yesterday, on the first occasion that I actually tried the amp during a rehearsal, I was shocked to discover that when I step on the provided footswitch to change presets (like activate one with distortion or heavy delay), mid-song, the flow of the sound broke, there was a moment of silcence before it switched to the next preset. I've been trying to research this on the Internet, but have only found 2 instances of it being addressed, no one talks about this in review videos or blogs. This baffles me - how is (mostly) everyone ok with this?

This effectively makes it impossible to use the built-in effects of the amp, which is exactly what its main outstanding feature is. Why have a 100 presets when you can't switch mid-song? Are guitarists only supposed to use the Code family to select the main sound they want for a certain song, then keep using pedals for changes mid-song?

I'm extremely disappointed, since the built-in effects were the main reason I went for this amp - I wanted to use this as both an amp and a multi-effect board to some extent. Is there any fix for this? A firmware update maybe, or does the separately-sold Code pedal make a difference? 

Seriously considering returning it at this point.

asked 24 Mar 2022 at 08:56 AM

Erik Joó

votes

answers

views

Just saying: I find these almost-daily advertisement-posts in this forum very very disappointing. Let alone today - up to now - six such posts, that have nothing to do with Marshall or our concerns and questions!

I think we need a better watchkeeper here. 

edited 18 Feb 2021 at 01:32 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)

asked 17 Feb 2021 at 05:12 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)

votes

answer

views

I want to keep my own presets on the gateway app but restore the amp presets to factory settings.  Is this possible?

asked 18 Dec 2020 at 05:53 PM

Paul Howard

votes

answers

views

voce tem que estar com o volume baixo para ter um som bom ente 2e3 passou disso o som fica muito ruim

asked 25 Feb 2020 at 12:11 AM

dione camargo

votes

answer

views

Got a pair of your MID range headphones for Christmas last which have never actually paired up to any advice, tried an electrical repair shop locally they got no joy either with any of their appliances. 

Big fan of your products otherwise. 

Feedback appreciated. 

asked 26 Oct 2019 at 12:41 AM

Enda McHugh

votes

answers

views

How the power reduction works on Origin 50h? Is it attenuator?

asked 13 Sep 2019 at 08:30 AM

Gatis Ivans
Showing results 2981 to 3000 of 3912
Loading - please wait...