Questions
Showing results 3081 to 3100 of 3902

votes

answers

views

Hi. How to get firmware update v1.41? Checking in the browser not show any updates, Marshall firmware update utility show 5 updates to v1.41, but after updating on the screen of the AMP appears v1.11 and checking in browser proposes update firmware to v1.3

asked 14 Oct 2017 at 06:59 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

votes

answer

views

my Code 100 head arrived 2 days ago and I still can't get connected via Bluetooth with either iPad or iPhone.... Very Frustrating if this continues I will return this piece of S..t it did connect once but Never again!!!!!!! What's Up With That!!!!

asked 14 Oct 2017 at 03:05 AM

Mike Harvey (1)

vote

answer

views

Can we get a list of the changes in the firmware update?

edited 14 Oct 2017 at 01:02 AM

Peter McAteer (7)

asked 14 Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM

Peter McAteer (7)

votes

answers

views

I just did a update to the Code 50 and it still has different presets than the newer 100 ? Preset #9 on the 100 is called Classic Metal and on the 50 its called American 60's. this makes me wonder if it truly took the update???

edited 18 Oct 2017 at 01:15 AM

Nate Carlson

asked 13 Oct 2017 at 07:41 PM

Nate Carlson

votes

answer

views

in the firmware update is the only changes new presets or have any issues that have been reported to your tech team by s number of users on this forum been addressed ?

if other changes have been added to update would it be possible to add a list of them. 

Cherrs

asked 12 Oct 2017 at 06:41 PM

Martin Blyth (27)

votes

answers

views

Hello.

Just downloaded the latest firmware updates and updated all my CODE amps. (almost a full-time job lemme tell ya!!!  LOL!!!  Only joking!!!).  No problems with the updates at all.

I do, however, have a suggestion Team Marshall:

Can you not change the firmware updates page to reflect the current firmware revision and release date (and, if it's not TOO much trouble, maybe include all previous firmware versions and their changelogs)???

Reason for my suggestion above:

Only reason I knew that there was a new firmware update was because I was browsing presets and happened to notice that a new section had been created detailing presets contained in the newest firmware version.

In other words: it'd be nice to know as and when new firmware updates become available so that we all know to download and install the latest firmware updates.

As for the sidenote mentioned in the title of this message:

Be aware that although the new firmware includes some new presets and the website indicates that it does not overwrite existing presets: this is only true if you do NOT reset your CODE amp. to factory defaults after the latest firmware update.  In other words: if you download and install the latest version of the firmware and then reset your CODE amp to factory defaults then the NEW presets take effect and the old, original, factory default presets are overwritten.  Not really a big issue but you need to be aware anyway.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 11 Oct 2017 at 06:07 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answer

views

Purchased used amp, jcm 2000 tsl 100 2003 with 2003 1960a slant cab. Bought footswitch, being shipped. my questions are 1) will dsl 100 cover fit my tsl 100   2) where can i get replacement tubes 3) Can i get paper manuals for amp and cab    4) is there a rt angle speaker cord available

asked 11 Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM

martin peters

vote

answers

views

Hello guitar players,

today I got my new Code 100 head and connected it with my 2x12 speaker 1936 from marshall. I tried the presets and they sound very cool but the sound is in my opinion a little bit to muffled and not clear enough.

So I kicked out the cabinet in the settings and then the sound is very clear and cool for me. But whats exactly the sense of the cab when it sounds not good in my opinion. Do I really need them?

Thanks for your answers! :)

asked 10 Oct 2017 at 05:25 PM

Ralf Leitner (1)

votes

answer

views

For those who gig with their marshall codes! Do you use any external pedals? Not so much wah or additional effects more along the lines of a booster pedal? 

Great to hear what people’s set ups are like! 

asked 09 Oct 2017 at 07:13 PM

luke shettle (2)

votes

answers

views

For those who gig with their marshall codes! Do you use any external pedals? Not so much wah or additional effects more along the lines of a booster pedal? 

Great to hear what people’s set ups are like! 

asked 09 Oct 2017 at 07:13 PM

luke shettle (2)

votes

answers

views

what is thebest setting for george throgood on code 50

asked 09 Oct 2017 at 02:00 PM

eugene rainier

votes

answers

views

The PEDL-91009 Footcontroller for CODE Amplifiers gets confused (i.e., it "locks-up") with a specific Push-Button sequence. While this sequence may not be a "correct" sequence of events, it could be possible to accidently use this specific sequence during a gig which will effectively "lock-up" the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller completely. Once this "lock-up" condition occurs, the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller becomes a useless brick. The only way to rectify this condition is to turn the CODE Amplifier OFF and back ON again. This would not be a good scenario to be in during a live gig.

To duplicate the "lock-up" condition, follow these steps:

1. With the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller plugged into a CODE Amplifier, turn on the AC Power Switch.
2. The PEDL-91009 Footcontroller starts up with A1 (Bank A Location 1) either flashing or steady.
3. Using the fourth Footcontroller push-button, advance the Bank to "D" by momentarily pressing the push-button 3 times.
4. Select preset Location 3 by momentarily pressing the number 3 push-button. All is good.
5. Now you need the preset stored in Location D1 so momentarily depress the number 3 push-button. All is good.
6. Now you need the preset stored in Location D2 so momentarily depress the number 2 push-button. All is good.
NOTE: D2 contains the American Overdrive Reverb preset in Location 10.
7. Now depress and hold push-button 2 until "10" appears. This is the preset's Location within the CODE Amplifier.
8. Momentarily depress the Bank push-button and the display reverts back to "D2".
9. Once again depress and hold push-button 2 until "10" appears.
10. Now momentarily depress push-button 2 again. In the display, a "C" appears which is my Tuning Mode.
11. Now (accidently) momentarily depress the Bank push-button. ***LOCK-UP***

After Step 11, the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller is completely locked-up and can only be gotten out of this situation by cycling AC Power to the CODE Amplifier. While this may be an illegal sequence of events, the firmware should be able to handle this exception without locking-up.

Besides not doing Step 11, is there a way to get out of the locked-up condition from the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller?

Thanks for your time and assistance! Dave

edited 10 Oct 2017 at 01:30 PM

David Hamm (10)

asked 07 Oct 2017 at 10:21 PM

David Hamm (10)

votes

answers

views

I have owned my Marshall CODE 50 for over 1 year.  My frustrating experience with the speed of bug fixes and feature functionality updates to the CODE Firmware and Gateway software updates is beyond compare of any combination of hardware and software product I have ever used as a consumer. I have been in the hardware and software business for over 30 years and my Marshall CODE has been an exemplar of how to offer a horrible software and hardware consumer experience. When I first bought the product I loved my Marshall CODE 50, then I grew to lament it with the slow firmware and software bug fix releases, functionality updates and poor support for the Mac. I do not blame the engineering organizations responsible for the firmware and software. I blame the management, this just breathes product management and executive management failure. Hey, here’s an idea! Try, giving away less equipment to “musicians” and also charge a bit more for the product and try and channel some of that money for *more* quality software engineering staff and management. Fender does a much better job. I have several Fender Mustangs. It appears Fender might have had a slight mis-step with the latest Fender GT Mustang, but they are rapidly pushing out bug fixes and feature functionality updates like crazy. Also Fender’s social and forum interaction with consumers about firmware and software updates and the release notes are much more transparent and forthcoming. Marshall can do better. Until then,  I will be doing my best to steer people clear of this product in person, in forums and social media until this has been rectified.

edited 08 Oct 2017 at 01:00 PM

Robert Birch (15)

asked 07 Oct 2017 at 06:02 PM

Robert Birch (15)

votes

answer

views

I use a marshall code25, which I have bought recently for home playing. The problem is , when the guitar is plugged in and the amp switched on I get a lot of buzzing noise. No noise when played.

I have checked the grounding and cables everything, but the noise does not seem to go away

can someone help with some troubleshooting?

asked 07 Oct 2017 at 03:16 AM

monoj chakraborty

votes

answer

views

Code 50 setting up bluetooth connection and when I use my iphone or ipad to pair the iphone/ipad asks for a 6 figure number to be seen on the code 50. problem nothing shows, have spent ages trying closing down phone ipad amp etc

asked 06 Oct 2017 at 10:19 AM

John Ross

votes

answers

views

Does the 100c have the capability to run a second 2x12 cabinet? It surely has enough power since the head is also 100 watts.

asked 06 Oct 2017 at 08:26 AM

Red Yeti

votes

answers

views

I just ordered my CODE 25 but I couldn't find any info about bluetooth playback, only via input jack. 

Is that possible? Thanks a lot! 

asked 05 Oct 2017 at 06:30 PM

Francisco Fronza

votes

answers

views

My new CODE-100 2x12 has a prominent digital fizz noise it also crackles, very unpleasant specially when you use tremolo, chorus, delays.

Very noticeable on the decay of the notes, decay of notes crackles.

When you play the low E string unfretted it makes a buzzing noise, this is difficult to forgive in any amp.

Are you guys at Marshall aware of this? should I return the amp?

Thank you.

edited 04 Oct 2017 at 03:08 AM

Jorge Liguori (6)

asked 04 Oct 2017 at 02:31 AM

Jorge Liguori (6)

votes

answers

views

Hello everyone!
Someone could help me with some doubts that I have ... I had never connected my hearing aids to my code 50, last night I decided to try some solos playing the tracks of my cel from the gateway player to play the guitar along with the solos of the tracks ... But when I connected and listened to my headphones, the track of my cel played in the code50 sounded perfect on both channels of the headset, however my guitar when it was sounded, it was only heard in the right channel of my hearing aid. ..is this normal? the guitar only sounds on the right channel? or should it also sound on both channels? Is it strange that the track if it is heard and sounds perfect in both channels while I play the guitar and that my guitar is only heard in the right channel?
I appreciate Someone can give me some help, idea or suggestion.

Thank you!

Atte. René Enilver Martz.

edited 03 Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM

René Enilver Martínez

asked 03 Oct 2017 at 09:58 PM

René Enilver Martínez

votes

answers

views

Hello. I've lately been having difficultys with my MG50DFX Marshall amp. The problem is, is that the input jack will refuse to make a connection unless I hold the quarter inch jack up. I don't know much about amps and I'm hoping this is a simple fix. I've already taken the amp's motherboard out from the cabinet and taken the piece of plastic off of the top of the jack. I've attempted to bend the 2 metal pieces that make a connection to the male jack down, but to no avail. It still refuses to make sound without me holding the wire up; otherwise, it'll just make feedback. Any ideas?

asked 01 Oct 2017 at 09:45 PM

nonya bidnet
Showing results 3081 to 3100 of 3902
Loading - please wait...