Questions
Showing results 3121 to 3140 of 3878

votes

answers

views

Hello, I just bought a used amp, very cheap because the master volum button is a bit weird and noisy. You have to find the peeeerfect place for it, to get clean sound. Its a Marshall MG100Hdfx series. I need help!

asked 04 Feb 2019 at 08:10 PM

Trond Refsnes

votes

answers

views

I want to buy a Marshall AS100D acoustic amp from an authorized dealer.  I can not find anyone that has one in stock other than Amazon.  Its listed for $724 an odd price and different than any other price I find, which is usually $699.  My concern is  Amazons listing states:   "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com".  If I buy this amp from Amazon and in the warranty peroid need to have it repaired will the warranty be honored by Marshall and Marshall Service Centers in USA?

Thanks,

Ricky H.

asked 27 Apr 2018 at 04:08 PM

Ricky Hood (1)

votes

answer

views

Once upon a time Marshall used to service old Marshall  amplifiers in Bletchley.  Is this still something that you guys do?

edited 24 Nov 2017 at 01:41 PM

Joao Smart

asked 24 Nov 2017 at 01:40 PM

Joao Smart

vote

answers

views

In case Marshall decides to do another round of Codes, or for people that want to buy one, here is my bottom line after dealing with this thing for a few years. I had Line 6 experience and wanted a simpler all-in-one modeling combo with a bluetooth app that could do hard rock. The Katana looked like a toy so I bought this.

PROS: Solid construction. Looks great. Good range of amps and effects. Bluetooth app is very good and can tune every parameter. Tones can be downloaded and backed up to/from Marshall site. Amp can sound very good (after a lot of tweaking). The Plexi, American OD, JTM Crunch and Acoustic amps are good. The Guv’nor, Compressor, Chorus, noise gate and all the delays and reverbs are useable. Marshall has done sufficient software updates to correct early issues (bluetooth, tones, bugs). Can be used at bedroom volume with Master on ‘1’. Optional footswitch gives good control. Documentation is good. Updater software on PC works well.

CONS: Other than those mentioned above, all the other amps and effects are bad. This includes the JCM800, JVM and Silver Jubilee. All the cabs are bad. None of the stock patches are usable. You have to make your own. There are user uploaded patches you can try but very few are usable. Learning curve is significant. The amp is too loud. When you turn up from bedroom level to louder, the sounds change and become very boomy which should not happen with a modeling amp. No effects loop. The ‘out’ is a mini USB. Connecting to a computer requires a mini USB to USB or Lightning cable, which is not included. I tried to use the USB to record to Garageband and sound came out but I couldn’t make it sound good. The footswitch also has a learning curve, and like other people I had to have mine replaced. 

ADVICE: Don’t buy it. I bought my Code 50 new from Sweetwater for $299 and now the same version of the amp is $399. If you must have a Code, get the 25 instead. It is cheaper and still absurdly loud. The higher volume available in the 50 is useless because it sounds bad. The extra hundred bucks just gets you painfully loud solid state power amp watts. 

If you do get a Code, upgrade all the firmware immediately. You need to connect to a computer to do this, but first you have to find the cable on Amazon. This is unforgivable.

BOTTOM LINE: I have spent too many hours tweaking the Code. This is what I hated about Line 6. But the Line 6 tones were superior. I never got a good JCM 800 sound out of the Code, after hundreds of hours of work. It’s only “great” amp sim, oddly, is the American OD. Marshall’s own Classic Metal patch uses this, not a “Marshall” sim! The Code is marketed as Marshall technology with amp sims created by Marshall, but it is not. Softube created the software and tones. This is not a Marshall amp. Line 6 Marshall sims are far better.

I have now bought a tube amp. I am keeping the Code because I have mastered it and can practice on it but I would not buy it again, certainly not for $399.

edited 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

asked 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

votes

answers

views

Has anyone used the amp as a clean interface,into an amp plugin like Neural dsp.

I tried and it has way to much latency delay,if anyone knows how to fix it I'm all ears.

asked 13 Apr 2021 at 11:50 PM

jim hoffman

votes

answers

views

Dear Marshall....

I love my Marshall Code 100w Head. I use it with my Marshall MX 2x12 cab...It sounds awesome!!!  Here is my question? I was wondering if you guys will be coming out with the next edition of the Marshall code series....  maybe ( called something like the CODE-X ) .... If so... How long because it is hard to find a replacement for my current Marshall Code 100w  Head in case something happens to it.... P.S. If you come out with the next edition could please add the Kerry King JCM-800 and the JCM-900 ???   PLEASE !!!!!!  THANKS ALLEN PEREZ  LEAD GUITARIST OF KINGSLAYER....

asked 23 Nov 2020 at 01:25 AM

Allen Perez (2)

votes

answer

views

Is there any possible way to rearrange the single path? I want to move my FX around.

edited 05 Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM

Benjamin Bowman

asked 05 Nov 2017 at 09:56 PM

Benjamin Bowman

votes

answer

views

Where am I supposed to go to register a new head purchased in the USA. THe warranty card came back undeliverable and the web address on the card is dead?

USA is apparently a different process. Any Ideas?

Thank you 

asked 31 Dec 2019 at 02:32 PM

Timothy Euler

votes

answer

views

I have recently purchased an amp that in my dismay has not turned out the way I wanted it , and am thinking of returning it. I know I might get slack for this but is an AC15C1 tube amp which I like, but have figured out I would have to add pedals per say to give it a more distorted sound. I have looked into different tone qualities and Orange amps and Marshall amps really stand out but I don't know which one I would like. I am thinking long term , so I saved up and bought the other amp for 750 ( with a 2 year warrant), so I need suggestions of a good guitar amp choice. Bands I listen to are Green Day, Blink 182, Four Year Strong, Nirvana, Fall Out Boy ( Early) , The Wonder Years, Box Car Racer, This Time Next Year, Sugar Cult, New Found Glory and much more. Any advice could help me in this process. Side Note: Has anyone heard any good reviews on the Marshall MG100HCFX 100W Head with MG412CF 4x12 ?? Seems like a good deal , because I am going to start performing for shows I just wanted to know if its a good deal. Thanks Ya'll Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

edited 28 Feb 2019 at 06:03 PM

viprit buddhi

asked 26 Feb 2019 at 10:58 AM

viprit buddhi

votes

answers

views

Hello everyone,

is it possible to deactivate that notification sound, that signal going into stand by on the Acton?

asked 21 Mar 2018 at 12:57 PM

Thomas Mack

votes

answers

views

Can I use headphones plugged into the DI port in lieu of a cabinet? Thanks

asked 13 Jan 2021 at 04:33 AM

James Krohn

votes

answer

views

Mine is out warranty. Where would I find parts for mine? I just need the electronics. 

asked 12 May 2020 at 01:53 AM

arielle west

votes

answers

views

Is it recommended that the outside (tolex?) of this combo amp be cleaned periodically? If so, using what? Leather cleaner/conditioner? Armour All? Pledge? Something else?

asked 16 Apr 2020 at 03:52 PM

Jim Marshall (12)

votes

answer

views

Thank you,But it won't work witht he bigger table I just bought. I don't know why, the new tablet has better specs. Thank you!

asked 16 Mar 2020 at 07:10 PM

Edward Leverich

votes

answer

views

I bought a ditto + looper pedal but as soon as it is on there is a huge hissing and whirring sound through my code 25 . Is there any way to stop this annoying noise, because if i cant use a looper pedal i might sell the amp and get one that works with a looper.

asked 29 May 2022 at 12:36 PM

cameron speedie

votes

answer

views

I am in the process of buying a Code 100 Head and 4x12 Cab and just visited the Marshall.com website to see that it is a discontinued item. Do I stop the purchase now as I don't want to spend the money buying something that doesn't have any firmware updates or support of any kind should something go wrong. I have read some of the issues and don't want to sit with any and have nowhere to go with the problem. I'm based in a small town in South Africa so it's not just a quick trip to the Marshall store to get it checked or repaired. Marshall Support/Code 100 Owners ... Please give me some URGENT advice? The purchase process has already started :( 

asked 24 Mar 2022 at 10:03 PM

Stephen Allen

votes

answers

views

Anyone knows or can add a Tool preset? I've seen the Fear Innoculum intro preset, looking for others.

Thanks!

asked 23 Feb 2021 at 01:37 PM

Scott Reed

votes

answers

views

olá galera ...Não consigo trocar a música do playback no aplicativo Marshall Gateway.. já desinstalei e instalei o aplicativo e a música do playback não apaga,?hello guys...I can't change the playback music in the Marshall Gateway application.. I've already uninstalled and installed the application and the playback music doesn't erase,?

asked 23 Jan 2022 at 02:49 PM

Denio Netto

votes

answer

views

I wound up settling for a Code 50 because I searched the internet and several music shops, both in person and online, the only place I found the Code 100 was a shop in the UK. The Code 50 is great but I would have liked to have the Code 100.

asked 03 Aug 2019 at 02:20 AM

Richard Lehman

votes

answers

views

Over the last 4 mos my code 50 amp has developed a buzz with my Les Paul guitar.  I don't notice it with a telecaster.  It is worse when the active pickups are engaged.  If I turn off the amp button it goes away.  

asked 12 Jan 2019 at 08:19 PM

william wester
Showing results 3121 to 3140 of 3878
Loading - please wait...