Questions
Showing results 3201 to 3220 of 3242

vote

answer

views

Looking at online forums, a lot of people appear to have a hard time getting a decent sound. Here's some tips that work for me, using a strat

1. Treble on 4, for everything. Presence on 1 for clean, 0.5 for dirty. Resolution on 5

2. Bass on 4 for american clean preamp, 6-8 for all others

3. Middle on 2 for clean, 5 for dirty

4. When using the onboard distortion pedal for blues keep the drive low = 1-2. Set amp gain at about 3 or 4

Hope this helps

asked 08 Nov 2021 at 06:25 AM

fred cav (1)

votes

answers

views

Is there any place to request presets?

asked 27 Sep 2021 at 06:34 PM

John Miller

votes

answer

views

edited 16 Nov 2021 at 02:35 PM

Alex Seo

asked 16 Nov 2021 at 02:33 PM

Alex Seo

votes

answer

views

Does the Marshall Code 100 take pedal well? 

I'm considering buying a wah pedal but I'm not sure if it will work well with the amp. 

asked 17 Nov 2021 at 10:21 PM

Zen Guitar

votes

answers

views

Hi There,

For lowish volume practice I can currently run the SC20H on 20W mode with the  master at about a 1, or just slightly above that on 5W mode (maybe just under 2) with the preamp at around 8 in both cases. Is there any benefit to getting an attenuator to be able to run the master at higher volumes?

While I am asking: Does the poweramp distortion of the amp behave differently in the 5W mode vs the 20W mode? I.e., in 5W mode does the power amp distort at lower numbers on the master volume than in 20W mode? For both modes, what is a good number at which above power amp section distortion is occuring (not factoring in specifics like pickups, etc)? 

Thanks!

edited 29 Oct 2021 at 03:39 PM

John Markos

asked 29 Oct 2021 at 02:01 PM

John Markos

votes

answers

views

Hi y‘all, no question, just a personal update.

Have been playing two Code50s now for about three years (one for home-use and gigging, the other one for rehearsals, one the clone of the other), and haven‘t had any issues with them.
Now decided to upgrade to the Code100 combo, so I also bought two of them (same idea like said above). First impression was „more headroom“ and a bit „kind-of-more-airy“ open sound with the Code100. In comparison the Code50 sounds a bit more „compressed“.

So, gonna keep the 100s and give away the 50s. Looking forward to rocking the world with the new amps. 

asked 26 Sep 2021 at 10:40 AM

Mark Lüttger (21)

votes

answer

views

A lot of stuff about this so not an isolated problem. Getting really fed up with this amp and probably going back to pedals rather than presets. Is there any recent news on a fix for this? If not going to trash this expensive disaster and consider Fender Mustang.

asked 07 Nov 2021 at 09:15 PM

Tony Wetherall

votes

answers

views

What is the best way to turn it off no standby switch?

asked 18 Oct 2021 at 10:16 PM

Eugene Canney

votes

answer

views

Can I get a manual for my series 9000 from Marshall?

asked 05 Oct 2021 at 09:37 AM

Mark Bush

votes

answers

views

Hi There,

The master volume on the SC20H seems to take things down pretty quiet while still sounding good. I'll typically play it in 5W mode at around 1 on the master.

For the sweet spot of this amp, supposing on the high input the gain is set to around 3'oclock is there a sweet spot for the master? Or is this amp designed to sound good with the master from the ground up? I have tested playing this amp with an attenuator with the master on 7 but things actually seem a little bigger and more defined WITHOUT the attenuator and a lower MV. 

Some input from Marshall about the intended function of the master here would be really helpful for me in dialing in this amp. I ask because the audio samples on the Marshall site have the master around 7 with these settings and many of the YouTube reviews do as well so I am wondering if I am missing something. 

Thanks!

edited 04 Nov 2021 at 12:35 PM

John Markos

asked 04 Nov 2021 at 12:33 PM

John Markos

votes

answers

views

Is V3 the output valve (ECC82/12AU7) on this amp? I have found no information elsewhere on Marshall's site. Thanks in advance. 

asked 30 Oct 2021 at 01:44 AM

Colin Tams

votes

answer

views

Will a splitter be able to connect the sound from both laptop and speaker and be able to use the bass,treble,volume controls on the speaker? 

asked 29 Oct 2021 at 01:51 AM

Yoseph Dagim

votes

answer

views

Hello there!!

I recently bought a used Code 50. It needs to be reset I believe. I can't get the tuner turn on. I can't adjust any settings.  It plays, but sounds a little muddy at times. Would really like to be able to adjust the different mods and amps and what not. Thank you. 

asked 14 Oct 2021 at 02:33 AM

Tyler Hughes

votes

answer

views

Had Code 50 for a few days and the LCD display is now not lighting up orange,

it still works the same but no light and quite difficult to see in dim light.

Any Ideas ?

edited 15 Nov 2021 at 08:27 AM

Chris Hornby

asked 12 Nov 2021 at 06:46 PM

Chris Hornby

votes

answers

views

Hello,

If I need to replace the stock preamp tubes in the Origin 20 H, what is the exact model.

It show ECC83H and I think they are Shuguangs but not sure. They used to be Marshall branded Shuguangs or JJ but these have nothing written on it except ECC83H. Looks chinese but they sound best I think to nail that JCM-Plexi tone of the Origin. I tried other and it is a slightly different sound. I need to know the exact model.

Thanks

asked 18 Oct 2021 at 01:50 PM

Pierre Robinson

votes

answer

views

Hi,

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I lost my charging case for my Mode IIs after only a few uses, but I have my actual earbuds still.

I was wondering if anyone on here knew of a charging case that might be compatible with this product?

Also... if anyone has a spare charging case for these guys laying around please DM me.

And before anyone asked, I did reach out to customer support and they are not selling the cases at this time unfortunately.

Thanks!

asked 05 Oct 2021 at 02:53 PM

Scott Steven

votes

answers

views

Hi

I am thinking about buying this amp.

Is the effects loop engaged by deafult. i.e no F/S connected

Can Effects Loop be switched  on/off by a Line 6 HX Effects (as well as using HX for channel switching).

Does Effects Loop   "tone suck" much?

Any experience/advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

asked 09 Oct 2021 at 01:31 PM

John Lockwood

votes

answer

views

How do I have chorus & flanger at the same time 

asked 19 Nov 2021 at 04:23 PM

Robert Smith

votes

answer

views

Hi all

Very often when I press the down channel button on the pedal, the amp goes UP and channel!

Its a pain in the but, makes it impossible to play with,  tell me there is a fix for this?

Thanks all!

asked 28 Oct 2021 at 12:51 PM

Matt Sykes (1)

votes

answers

views

My DSL40cr seems to have developed a crackle while playing, it's fairly new. I've tried to isolate it by playing with or witout pedals / footswitch, all channels, different guitars. Any suggestions? I have a video of it but cant upload here

Thanks

Mike

asked 06 Nov 2021 at 09:51 AM

Mike Gregory
Showing results 3201 to 3220 of 3242
Loading - please wait...