Questions
Showing results 3301 to 3320 of 3901

votes

answers

views

Hello, just purchased this amp, play almost everyday and love it. When I first got it (playing for hours) I noticed there was a crackling/scratchy... almost like a loose connection sound from the amp, I played around with the cord and it didnt happen again until tonight, about 2 months later. This time it didnt just go away so here are my observations:

I was on full power, maybe 2 on volum, on the clean channle with gain. It seemed fine on e, B, G but on D is where it happened, didnt matter what fret and it seemed to do it on the A and E as well but not as much, I switched channels it did the same, I went into standby and switched cables, same thing, I plugged the guitar in another amp and the issue did not happen, I plugged the guitar back in to the marshal, the crackle was still there. I turned the amp off, put it in half power, turned it back on and no crackle. I turned the amp off, did a few things around the house. came back, put the amp back to 40W, turn it on and it is fine.

Thinking it happens if it gets warm? I have never had a tube amp... so im not sure what signs to look for with regards to a tube going bad... I'm not sure if originally leaving it at 40W and restarting it if it would have been fine. I will try and recreate and see what happens. Any thoughts?

UPDATING:

The foot switch made no difference. I'll move it to another room tonight. I have included a recording if anyone wants to hear it. In the recording you here the noise, I hit the B string 3rd fret... and it goes away, i then hit the D string 12 fret and you hear it come back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GN6N50JSBpbTdwZUFWYVVTOU1TMFdfODdFRmdSQkxEcjNB/view?usp=sharing

edited 15 Apr 2017 at 01:13 AM

Mike Movchan

asked 13 Apr 2017 at 04:26 AM

Mike Movchan

votes

answers

views

Please advise where I can download the latest version of the manual for the 25?

Thanks

J

asked 12 Apr 2017 at 11:13 PM

Jonathan Craig

votes

answer

views

I am looking at buying a JCM900 4100. its serial number starts with M-2001-49-0xxx-B

i recall someplace typing in the serial number for my DSL and it decoding it to the correct model. i can't find that anymore. Thought it was on this site.

how can i look up this 900 SN to see if its legit?

asked 12 Apr 2017 at 11:47 AM

barry beadman

votes

answers

views

I have looked for a definite answer to this and have not found one. I played my amp the other night with no problems, but last night as I turned on the amp it just died on me as soon as I turned the standby off. There was no noise, pops, crackles, fizzes. It just turned off. I checked the main fuse and it was blown. I have not had any issues with tubes and they have not shown any signs of wearing out. I made sure my amp was connected to the cab correctly (remember i have had this rig for 8 years) and that I had a speaker cable rather than a guitar cable.  I found online there could be issues with impedence and what not. I took the back off of my cab and noticed that a positive lead on one of my v30's became disconnected.  I thought, 'Could it be?" So I reconnected it and replaced the fuse and the amp worked as advertised. I played for an hour or so and no problems yet. Could it be that the discoonnected positive lead on one speaker caused it to blow a main fuse?

asked 11 Apr 2017 at 03:11 PM

David Bradley

votes

answers

views

Boston area currently.

Also who's a good repairman for these in the area.

asked 11 Apr 2017 at 03:04 PM

Charlie KEATING

votes

answers

views

I HAVE A AMP WITH A BLOWN POWER MODULE THAT I WANT TO FIX...THE TECH SAYS I CANT...BUT I THINK I CAN WITH SOME HELP?  IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD HELP?  "WITH PROPER MODIVATION OFCOURSE!"   THANKS!   JIM

asked 10 Apr 2017 at 06:57 PM

JAMES TILLMAN

votes

answers

views

does any one out there know what to do on the code 50 to get that scorpion sound...??? thanks

asked 10 Apr 2017 at 12:07 AM

Blaine Holcomb (1)

votes

answer

views

Is there any way to reduce the lag time when switching from one preset to another preset while using the Code footswitch ?. There is about a 1-2 second delayed reaction for the amp to change between presets. We really need a flawless and definatly instant process when switching from a  rhythm crunch to a lead solo or a clean to a lead or any other preset switching.

asked 08 Apr 2017 at 03:05 PM

Dennis Joy

votes

answers

views

I've had my CODE since the release days, and haven't really used the speakers at all until now since I lived in an apartment until now, so only used it for recording through the USB port before.

Now that I've been playing it for real for a couple of weeks, I've noticed something worrying. Even at the lowest volume the amp produces a terribly sharp frequency that is seriously hurting my ears. I've tried literally every stock preset and there's no difference, it's completely static. I've tried adjusting the gate,presence and every possible setting without any difference. So I suspect(actually hope) that something is broken and that it's just not the nature/sound of the amp, cause that would not make for a very usable amp. 

I can crank my other amps without this issue, so it's not my ears that are broken. I've been speculating about the speakers being so unused that they need to loose up with time, but that is just wishful thinking perhaps?

I was hoping someone else could relate to this and have experienced the same thing, and possibly a solution?

Thanks in advance.

asked 07 Apr 2017 at 02:43 PM

Benjamin Bolgakov

vote

answer

views

Promises, promises ... "we'll fix it soon";  " bluetooth issues will be addressed in future firmware updates";  " USB recording issues will be looked into"; AND, a 2-way footswitch will be available for Code 25/50 users when Code 100 is released.  Am I alone in my disappointment for Marshall's seemingly apathetic (non) responses to purchasers of their "not ready for prime time" digital products?!?!?!   I really wanted a Marshall Amp after 45 years as a Fender user.  My mistake.  I should have known better.  Useless, unsupported, glitched, buggy, unreliable, etc., etc., etc.    What say you Marshall in an attempt to save any reputation you thought you had?!?!?!?

asked 05 Apr 2017 at 06:08 AM

S Fisher (6)

vote

answers

views

It's hard to stay connected with my phone , sometimes during changing the presets  the connection is lost . And it's symply impossible to reconnect .

Is there already an update / sollution ??

asked 04 Apr 2017 at 08:36 PM

rene scholte

votes

answers

views

Is anyone else unable to save settings on the My Gateway page on this site?

When I change preset positions on that page and hit Save, nothing happens.  You can cancel and the page will reload, but Save does nothing.  I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and get the same results.  It hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now, and this is a feature I really used.  I like being able to move a preset's position without overwriting like the app does.

asked 04 Apr 2017 at 01:23 PM

Sean Nixie (6)

votes

answer

views

What year was it made , i bought it from Halwani Audio in Jeddah in 1990 or 1991 i think , 

Used in a semi pro band from Saudi , Oman and now UAE , 

Channel 1 still going strong

channel 2 now caused output fuses 2 , to blow ( Dirty Channel)

Never been retubed , but now its time , never really played too much.

Regards , Kieran

asked 04 Apr 2017 at 01:03 PM

Kieran Hughes

votes

answers

views

Hello, has anyone managed to solve the problem of connection via bluetooth gateway and amplifier? Simply DO NOT EXIST the bluetooth function on this product! 

asked 04 Apr 2017 at 01:02 PM

Juliano UL (1)

votes

answer

views

Hi All,

Im a novice player (of thirty years experience :-/) and looking at putting a song repetoire together for a band. Ive always wanted to play sweet child live and have little experience with amp settings etc. Ive recently purchased my first Marshall (A DSL40) and was wondering if anyone could advise some good settings for playing the sweet child solo's?

Thanks!

DSL

asked 03 Apr 2017 at 04:44 AM

Bryson Ryan

votes

answers

views

Hello, yeah just checking in to see if firmware updates are working for some cause I have had no luck at all with Win 10, or in Chrome. Downloaded update firmware and it just keeps sayin connect your amp with usb and I do? But nothing happens. I have the 25 and the 50 since they came out and it is April 2nd 2017... Just curious what is up and am I missing anything with these firmware updates? 

Alrighty Thanks Tony K. 

asked 02 Apr 2017 at 12:48 PM

T Knute (10)

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I am a great fan of Stanmore. Just Love the sound ( balanced for all kinds of music and the best when compared to speakers of this kind) but I have seen lots of negative reviews of Stanmore not working after a year or so and week bluetooth on Amazon and Apple users.

I want to buy this system but troubled with bad reviews. Have you identified the issue and how do Marshall resolve it on speakers dying down after the warranty expires.

I am in Bangalore, India and would want the system to work at least 4 years to be a value for money.

Regards,

Deepak Raj

asked 02 Apr 2017 at 07:53 AM

Deepak Raj

votes

answers

views

I bought a Kilburn on March 4, 2017.  I have had all kinds of issues.  Bluetooyh doesn't cpnnect to my phone.  Did work for a few days.  Tried to return to Best Buy but they wouldn't take it back.  They said was issue with my phone.  Called my carrier T-Mobile and they say issue is with Kilburn.  I am getting sick and tired of going round with people on this.  I am NOW out the money I paid for this and cannot get it to work.  NEVER again would I buy one of these.  Nothing but a waste of my time.

asked 01 Apr 2017 at 09:05 PM

Richard McClimans

votes

answer

views

Does the MG100HCFX Carbon Fibre Series amplifier head fitted with a cooling fan? And is the cooling fan temperature-controlled and variable-speed?

edited 09 Nov 2019 at 07:33 AM

Jimmy Pratt (2)

asked 01 Apr 2017 at 09:32 AM

Jimmy Pratt (2)

votes

answer

views

Does the cooling fan inside the MG50 Combo operate continuously, or is it a temperature-dependent variable-speed fan?

asked 31 Mar 2017 at 11:02 AM

Jimmy Pratt (2)
Showing results 3301 to 3320 of 3901
Loading - please wait...