answers

views

asked 18 Nov 2017 at 12:47 AM

Marcelo Lucas do Nascimento

votes

answers

views

Hi to all on the Marshall Forum,

I'm trying to find out what expansion cabinets would be suitable to connect to my Marshall MG101FX combo.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Martyn

asked 24 Jun 2022 at 12:32 PM

Martyn Jones

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to download a preset from Marshall and put it on another amp like Blackstar?

asked 13 Apr 2022 at 02:01 AM

Kevin Smith

votes

answers

views

Hello everyone,

I have been using the Marshall cloud for a long time. But there has been a problem lately. The server gives an error. Actually, I also made the last updates. I don't know what else to do. What do you think should I do in this situation?

I would be very happy if you could help.

asked 30 Nov 2020 at 10:28 AM

Lucie Fenton

votes

answer

views

I too have a problem with pairing, it worked the first time but not since. the phone detects the amp but the amp will not pair. Anyone got the answer, am I doing something wrong?

asked 26 Jun 2019 at 04:36 PM

Thomas Brown

votes

answers

views

Alright y’all, this rookie here needs some advice and pointers regarding multi effects pedal and tube amps.

A little background…

I got my first tube amp about a year ago, love the thing. I slowly built a pedalboard with the basics (tuner, compressor, MXR classic distortion, tube screamer, holy grail reverb, Joyo delay, modded GE-7 EQ, JHS black box, chorus…). But I also wanted to start experimenting with multi effect pedals and patches, so I got a GX-100, exclusively to play around, tweak effects more in depth and see how it would be to have a one stop shop for all effects, albeit I have zero interest in amp modeling, I’m happy with my JCM800, just thinking about effects here.

I’ve never messed with multi-effects pedals, so here are my concerns…

1). With the GX-100 set up in a 4CM, I noticed that immediately all knobs on the amp itself are disabled, I’m thinking this is normal , since the control now lays on the Gx-100, not the amp itself (right?). However, isn’t there an option with multi effect pedals were I can still keep the raw sound of my tube amp and just feed it effects from my multi effect processor?

2). Considering question number 1 above. Is a multi effects pedal intended then for use on SS or modeling amps instead and not tube amps? Is it a complete disservice to a Marshall JCM800 to go and hook a multi effects processor to it?

If I can’t preserve the original base tone of my Marshall with the multi effect processor, it seems kind of a waste of time, the way I see it it would be stupid to hook a ME pedal trying to model an Amp that I already have, just to add effects to it. Am I missing anything? Am I way off here?

Would I be better off keeping the pedal board connected to Marshall like I had it and just get a modeling or SS amp to connect the GX-100 to?

I don’t gig, just play to backing tracks at home and occasionally get together with friends to jam together, but nothing serious or advanced...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

asked 20 Jul 2022 at 02:36 AM

Alex Medal

votes

answers

views

SALVE VOLEVO SAPERE SE POSSO SOSTITUIRE LE VALVOLE FINALI SC20H ESSENDO A BIAS CATODICO..SENZA TARARE BIAS...GRAZIE

asked 16 Aug 2021 at 07:48 AM

Serafino Porcaro

votes

answer

views

The working principle for headphone jack is that it offers an audio source inline-level, the recording audio cannot be amplified, in that how to record audio from headphone jack?

edited 07 Nov 2020 at 05:55 PM

vijay mahajan

asked 19 Oct 2020 at 09:53 AM

vijay mahajan

votes

answers

views

Just looking through the questions, the boxes state the amount of answers but I cannot see what the answers are, am I doing something wrong or is it a secret?

Just looking through the questions, the boxes state the amount of answers but I cannot see what the answers are, am I doing something wrong or is it a secret?

asked 09 Apr 2018 at 09:33 AM

John Whitney

votes

answers

views

I bought this cabinet about 20 years ago. I think it's a Model 2196 from around 1976. Inside the cabinet it looks like Jim Marshall's signature in pencil and another signature from somebody who's intials look like JC. Would the presence of the signature increase the value of the cabinet? It's pretty beat up and did not come with the original speakers. The Vintage 30s in the photos are mine. Can anyone offer a ballpark figure of its value or suggest a resource where I might get help determining what to ask for it? Thanks.

edited 15 Sep 2022 at 07:10 PM

Daniel Ringelberg

asked 15 Sep 2022 at 06:33 PM

Daniel Ringelberg

votes

answers

views

I have a Marshall JVM 205C that is about 2 years old.  It used at home and maybe gets 1 to 2 hours a day use a low volumn.  Today I turned it on and it started making popping noises, not exceptionally loud and then the volume just faded away.  The power light and standby lights remained lit.  I did a little reading and and I thought I should at least check the fuses.  Where are they located?  There’s a little tray that pulls out, holding two fuses (T3.15AF250N), just underneath the Mains Input.  Are these the fuses?  I can not see any electrical connection to these fuses and I thought they might be spares.  If that’s true, where are the functioning fuses?

asked 26 Jul 2022 at 06:55 AM

Michael Nastasi

votes

answer

views

Hello, I bought this week a Marshall SC20CNB. Searching some forums, I noticed that there is a problem with Effects Loop in some SC20 units (all of them models? combo or head?), and that you have a solution to fix the problem.

I'm waiting for my amp to arrive next week, but already anticipating, does this limited series (Navy Blue) has this problem? Could you tell me just by the serial number?

As I live in Brazil, I’m worried if you have some authorized technical assistance here.

Kindest regards.

asked 16 Jul 2022 at 03:09 AM

Rodrigo Aguilera

votes

answer

views

I really want to find Marshall application on the play store. It might have been broken who could assist me with tracking down it. Much appreciated ahead of time!!!

asked 22 Jun 2022 at 08:07 PM

dewayne jacobson

votes

answers

views

Hey, is there like a list that shows all of the updates and what the changes were?

I just updated my Code and in the MCU it said something bout a new Codec?

After updating it was not shown anymore.

So does the Code sound better now?

Thx for helping out :)

asked 05 Oct 2022 at 09:10 PM

Thomas Blues

votes

answer

views

Hello. I bought Marshall DSL40 CR from the local dealer (BON STUDIO- Greece) in 2019. Since the first time that I turned it on, I noticed that the amp makes aweird scratching soun when I'm using High Output. I 've contacted the dealer and he told me that it is normal and the amp is doing a format. I accepted this information and I was using the amp like this. I still have the scratcing sound for 10 minutes, every time that I'm using High Output.

A week ago I desided to check the tubes and the BIAS and I found 11mA at the first EL34 and 17,5mA at the second. I'm trying to adjust them and increase them at 35mA but the trimmer stops when I reach at 20mA. I'm trying to understand what is the problem. Is it normal?

Thank you in advance

asked 31 Aug 2022 at 06:40 PM

Jim Vasalas

votes

answer

views

My Code 50 amp keeps cutting out when I'm playing and I lose sound completely. after a bit it usually comes back on but it's very frustrating and I just bought it 1.5 years ago. Is there anythign that can fix it or is it under a manufactuer's warranty? thanks

asked 24 Dec 2020 at 03:05 PM

Keith Busby

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I bought Marshall MID on Amazon. How can i check i bought the original or fake?

Thanks.

asked 04 Sep 2019 at 05:24 AM

Alex Kotov

votes

answers

views

When switching my DSL-40 from 40watts to 20watts ,the 20watt mode has a loud defining squeal .I don't know what is causing it.

asked 14 Jun 2018 at 04:31 AM

Allen Tomas

votes

answer

views

How do I register my new gear for warranty?

asked 28 Nov 2020 at 01:09 AM

Darryl Gay
Showing results 3341 to 3360 of 3915
Loading - please wait...