DSl 40 cr fried 4 big black caps after 13 months

votes

After multiple fuse replacements. The dreaded turn the amp on and it started smoking. I was absolutely and critically aware of fuse values and took every opportunity to make triple sure the exact value and replacement was done surgically and with exacting integrity with regards to fuse ratings values and type. ie slow burn and so on... I am in Florida and there's no actual service center within 60 to 80 miles of my location. Although many attempts to find one that actually does warranty work is a joke. The only actual people that I could find that said ship it to us are in California and the cost is ridiculous as I bought this brand new from American music supply who was of no help until Marshall's warranty runs out after 5 years. Then they'd be able to help me with their golden warranty after the manufacturer warranty expires. What good is that? So I wait 5 years to get something done? I have an 1100 dollar brand new looking paper weight. Needless to say I am frustrated beyond the scope of sanity as I build custom guitars and rely quite heavily on this as a sonic litmus tester. I purchased the Yamaha thr2 30 watt to try and use in the mean time but it doesn't give me an authentic profile sonically. So out another 600$ .4 of the big black caps have sprayed some type of black chared chaff directionally from pinholes that are visible from removing the head from the cab. This is insane to me that a now year and a half old paper weight now adorns my studio and I can't even find support after logging in to my profile through Marshall. Is this the way marshall is now? What can I do to get in touch with someone who can actually help me without me ponying up a considerable chunk of change for a new amp that is handled with kit gloves. Sorry for the novel and the negativity. I just feel abandoned and taken to the cleaners. If I can't get some support from marshall I'll be forced to do a YouTube video about this experience with factual references that show how insane this truly is. Please help Justin

DSL

asked 12 Sep 2023 at 02:41 AM

Justin Royal
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Justin,

Can you please email contactus@marshall.com and the team will be able to help you.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 14 Sep 2023 at 09:35 AM

Loading - please wait...