USB stopped working after 3 years

votes

Hey there. I love my Code25. Everything was just perfect for about 3 years, including bletooth connection and USB. Updated last time to 1.48. It is still the latest. But recently, with same cable and same W11 laptop there is no connection.  I read some posts and few suggest USB interface may burn out. It is true? Any ideeas on this?

USB

asked 09 Nov 2023 at 11:22 AM

Octavian Damian
Answers: 1

votes

I've personally never heard of the Code USB ports "burning out", but like any USB port on any device, over time they can wear of become damaged.

Likewise I would check with a different USB cable and different PC to rule them out first. Just because they have worked for 3 years doesnt mean that they still work now.

If it is the USB port on the Code you could try cleaning it with switch cleaner in case its oxidisation on the pins.

answered 11 Nov 2023 at 09:48 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
I did take your advice, thank you very much. Another cable and another PC. Nope. Everything clean inside still used contact cleaner, but USB looks like dead. If no other ideeas to try, I will just use it without MIDI and FW updates. Not a big drama, but frustrating. Have fun everyone. - Octavian Damian 18 Nov 2023 at 02:11 PM
Loading - please wait...