Two DSL 40, one as an extension cabinet

votes

hello,

i own 2 DSL 40 amps, 16 ohms each, but one has three loudspeaker options: (8 ohm) - (8 ohm) - (16 ohm)

the other one has more options, (16 ohm) - (1 x 8 ohm) or (2 x 16 ohm) - (1 x 4 ohm) or (2 x 8 ohm)

I want to use one amp as an extension cabinet for the other one, and also as a spare amp,

how do i proceed with the connections ? the spare amp needs to be turned on ? will it work as an extension cabinet if not turned on ?

thank you

asked 07 Jan 2024 at 03:11 AM

Rodrigo Musalem
Answers: 1

vote

1. Turn OFF both amps.

2. Connect the internal speaker of the amp with 5 speaker sockets to one of the sockets marked as 2 x 16 ohm.

3. Connect the internal speaker of the second amp to the second socked marked as 2 x 16 ohm in the first amp.

4. Turn ON the first amp (this one with speakers connected). The second amp (with no speaker connected) MUST BE TURNED OFF!!!

IMPORTANT: remeber to turn OFF both amps every time you connect or disconnet speakers. Turning ON the amp with no speaker connected may cause damage to the amp!

Happy New Year!

answered 07 Jan 2024 at 12:22 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
thank you, i just bought a male/female 1/4'' extension speaker cable to follow your instructions, happy 2024 too ! - Rodrigo Musalem 07 Jan 2024 at 09:55 PM
Loading - please wait...