AMP GO BOOM!

votes

I had been getting this strange, horrible sound out of my Marshall JVM 410c while it was warming up on standby, and I thought maybe it was picking up a random signal from somewhere...(I live in a beehive of an apartment complex)...Anyway, today, I decided I would record the sounds on my iPad so I could get some professional help. After I turned the amp on, about 30seconds in, it started that noise again...after about another minute, I took the amp off standby...I had it on OD1 orange mode, when all of a sudden, I saw a flash of light from the back of the amp...and BAM! It scared the crap out of me! What happened! Did I blow a transformer or a fuse or something??? I was heartbroken! I know something is seriously wrong with my amp. It won't sound a note. It's completely silent....What happened? What did I do? Please help! I paid too many pennies for this amp to go out like this! BooHoo! Thanks, all! Any advice, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love this amp but it needs help!!!

asked 21 Mar 2018 at 01:12 AM

Vincent McCauley
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your message, it sounds like you may have blown the output Valves, we would recommend you get this looked at by a qualified engineer.

Marshall Support

answered 21 Mar 2018 at 10:34 AM

Loading - please wait...