Shimmer

votes

Looking to get a shimmer tone out of my Code 100, anyone know how to set that up out of existing presets?

edited 31 Mar 2018 at 03:02 PM

Kevin M Jones

asked 30 Mar 2018 at 08:34 PM

Kevin M Jones
Answers: 2

votes

I assume you want the specific reverb with an octave up mixed with the wet signal.  You need a pedal that does this.  The original is a Big Sky-colored box with MIDI control.  Others have copied this to varying degrees of success.

answered 30 Mar 2018 at 08:54 PM

Mark Hallman (25)
Don’t think you need a specific pedal I had a present on my old Fender Mustang gt but never got the info off of it - Kevin M Jones 30 Mar 2018 at 09:06 PM

vote

I'm thinking you want something with a CHORUS, some DELAY and some REVERB. It might be easier to start with a preset that already has these elements, then adjust to suit your specific needs.

I would suggest AIR, HARMONIC BLISS or GLACIER. These are available as PRESETS and should offer you initial settings. The only element to adhere to, in my opinion, is to use American for preamp and power amp as these replicate the Fender clarity. As with everything else, experimentation is the method, along with your ear. You also want to keep the GAIN as low as you can so the signal doesn't start clipping. Single coil pickups are also preferred unless you are wanting a jazz type sound with some chime. Volume is your enemy with this type of sound as extra overtones and harmonics will cause some breakup so use some restraint.

Hope this helps.

answered 31 Mar 2018 at 07:15 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
Loading - please wait...