JVM 210C problem

votes

This is the second amp that has done this to me, at gig time!

I can not switch channels. It stays on the 1st clean channel. You can manually switch it with the switch or the pedal & the panel shows that it switches channels and the pedal shows as well. But it doesn't, it stays on the 1st clean channel! 1st I bought the 50 watt JVM and it did this to me a month into ownership, so I returned it and replaced it with the 100 watt JVM. Had been going great till yesterday. So now my 2nd purchased amp craps out 11 months into ownership. What gives? Anyone else ever have this issue? Am I missing something here?

Thanks. Scott 

asked 30 Apr 2018 at 02:56 PM

Scott Logan
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Scott,

It maybe the processor chip that switched the relays on the channels, as it is still under warranty we would recommend contacting your dealer who can arrange for your amplifier to be looked at.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 01 May 2018 at 07:13 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Getting to an authorized dealer is not an easy task. And I would really hate to ship it!
That being said, is there anyway to default the amp/chip?
And why would this keep happening? Setting up for a gig & the amp not working is not what I expect from Marshall. The fact that it has happened to 2 separate amps is very concerning. If the digital end of this amp is the problem, has Marshall come up with a fix? Thx. Scott
- Scott Logan 01 May 2018 at 01:03 PM
Hello Scott,
Without seeing the amplifier it is hard to diagnose the fault which is why we suggested that an engineer looks at it for you, we are not saying it is defiantly the processor chip that is faulty. There are no tests you can carry out to be sure that the chip is faulty so we would strongly advise that you have an engineer diagnose the fault for you.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 03 May 2018 at 10:39 AM
Loading - please wait...