Valvestate 8040 not working with pedals

votes

Hey everyone. I cannot seem to get a boss super overdrive sd-1 pedal to work with my valvestate 8040. On the normal channel it doesn’t change the sound at all when I switch the pedal on. And I have a power source to the pedal and yes the red light is on on the pedal. So then I tried the boost channel and the amp just screeched. I do not know a lot about how to set these things up so any help would be appreciated, maybe I’m being an idiot lol but I’ve never had this problem with any other amp before

asked 28 May 2018 at 10:23 PM

Jacob Jewell
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Jacob,

Regarding your question, if you could explain your setup and explain where you are plugging the pedal in the 8040, with this information we will be able to help you.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 29 May 2018 at 09:55 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
I have the pedal plugged into the input jack on the far left of the amp. And obviously the pedal is plugged into my guitar - Jacob Jewell 31 May 2018 at 10:55 PM
Hello Jacob,
Thank you for the information, does your amplifier work normally with just a guitar plugged in?

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 01 Jun 2018 at 12:46 PM
Yes it works perfect with just the guitar plugged in - Jacob Jewell 02 Jun 2018 at 05:41 AM
We would recommend that if the amplifier works well without the pedal we would recommend having the pedal checked. - JOANNA GREEN 07 Jun 2018 at 07:35 AM
Loading - please wait...