DSL20CR 4-cable method

votes

Hi! I would like to use the effects on a Line6 Firehawk with my DSL20CR using the 4-cable method.

Is this method possible with DSL20CR?

I connect with Gtr->FH input, FH FX send->Amp input, FH FX Return->Amp FX Send, FH left out->Amp FX Return

I hear the sound when I push the FX Loop button on the Marshall remote. However it seems to bypass the preamp, i.e.

nothing happens when I change volume on the Marshall. I thought the 4-cable method meant I could mix the pre-amp

with the effects through the FX loop. What am I doing wrong or is this method not applicable to this amp?

Best, Hans

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:42 PM

Hans Gustafsson
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Hans,

Yes you can use this method and you do seem to have the correct connections, Using the standard 4 cable method means you will use the amplifier’s amp sounds (preamp), the FX on your Line 6 and then the amps power amp into the speaker. You could use the preamps from your Line 6 by running the output of the Line 6 directly in to the ‘return’ of the DSL20CR’s effects loop. This will then bypass the amps preamp and you will be using the the Line 6 for preamps and FX and the Marshall as a power amp. 

Maybe double check any send and return settings on the Line 6 and contact us again if there’s still a problem.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 12 Jul 2018 at 07:38 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...