Marshall 2236 B Keyboard cabinet

votes

Hi there,

I found an old Marshall 2236B cabinet that has 4 greenbacks and a big red horn. (one with name celestion and 3 of them are rola celestions).

All elements 16 ohm.

The grill cloth is basket.. light brown.. and this cab has had a small marshall logo on the center..  fastened with 5 pins.

I can only find a date stamp on the celestion (without taking them loose).. it says December 1970.

Cabinets serial is 30274

Could you please tell me how many were made and how rare this is? I guess these were made between 1970-1974? Right?

Any idea of todays value? All elements working perfectly and casters missing.. you have any casters left for these? =D

Best regards:

Vellu Harkonen Finland

asked 30 May 2019 at 05:56 AM

Veli-Matti Härkönen
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Veli-Matti,

Regarding your cabinet, it looks like the cabinet has been re wired, unfortunately we have no details of how many were manufactured but they were made from 

late 1968-early 69 to 1972-73. If the speakers are original and the cabinet is working, we would recommend an insurance valuation of £1,500-,2,000 per cabinet.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 04 Jun 2019 at 07:58 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thx! Original wiring is there.. but someone has installed a switch that you can disconnect the horn. That way it sounds better in Guitar use.
So, all original is there and a little more! =D (except the casters and marshall logo. I have ordered a new logo.)
Anybody want to buy this cab? =D
- Veli-Matti Härkönen 14 Jun 2019 at 04:35 PM
Loading - please wait...