Marshall 'The GuvNor' - Battery Cover/Case Screws.

votes

Evening all,

In the midst of this Covid-19 isolation I'm finding some time in the evenings to deal with all those little jobs I've been putting off.

So it falls to this evening's task. I have a ' Made In England' Marshall GuvNor pedal that is missing the battery cover, screw (chrome) and two of the bottom chassis screws (black) - does anyone on here have a) a spare battery cover b)know what sort of screws I need and c) where I can source either of the aforementioned! 

Many Thanks, 

asked 30 Mar 2020 at 08:07 PM

Luke Harris (1)
Answers: 9

votes

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your message, if you email servicedesk@marshall.com , they will be able to help you with this.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 31 Mar 2020 at 07:12 AM

votes

Thanks Marshall! - Email sent this morning. 

answered 31 Mar 2020 at 09:28 AM

Luke Harris (1)

votes

Luke, 

how did you get on with your search for screws for your pedal..

I have the same issue..

answered 12 Jun 2020 at 07:13 AM

Roger Clark

votes

Hey Roger,

I got emailed by Marshall customer service who said they would take a look when they were back on premises in April, haven't heard anything since! 

answered 12 Jun 2020 at 08:32 AM

Luke Harris (1)
This is for the battery cover~:
working on the other screws that hold it together
- Roger Clark 12 Feb 2021 at 06:08 PM
That's fantastic Roger! If only Marshall could find some deadstock battery covers! - Luke Harris 15 Feb 2021 at 03:14 PM

votes

As far as I know, the standard battery cover screws can be equipped with a mounting bar with a key. But, as in your case, I could not find suitable screws in stock, so I came up with a good idea. It was to use a metal hoop band. Although this part is used to secure wooden frame walls, roof sections, and trusses. Nevertheless, it should have worked. Next, I used ? to purchase this part. As a result, in addition to the alternative, it was very quick and easy to install. After all, the part is made of 0.8mm thick galvanized steel with 2.9mm pre-punched holes and is 30mm wide.?

edited 10 Nov 2022 at 10:27 PM

Sydney Martin

answered 07 Nov 2022 at 10:13 PM

Sydney Martin

votes

As far as I know, the standard battery cover screws can be equipped with a mounting bar with a key. But, as in your case, I could not find suitable screws in stock, so I came up with a good idea. It was to use a metal hoop band. Although this part is used to secure wooden frame walls, roof sections, and trusses. Nevertheless, it should have worked. Next, I used ? to purchase this part. As a result, in addition to the alternative, it was very quick and easy to install. After all, the part is made of 0.8mm thick galvanized steel with 2.9mm pre-punched holes and is 30mm wide.

edited 22 Nov 2022 at 11:30 PM

Alex Joe

answered 20 Nov 2022 at 04:10 PM

Alex Joe

votes

Still haven't managed to locate a spare battery cover for mine! 

answered 20 Nov 2022 at 05:35 PM

Luke Harris (1)

votes

@Marshall - now that you're reissuing these pedals. Does that mean I can order a new battery cover and piece of foam for the bottom of my original GuvNor? :) 

answered 27 Feb 2023 at 08:52 AM

Luke Harris (1)

votes

I reached out to Marshall and was told the parts for the newer pedals are only available for warranty purposes.

Also looking for replacement screws and battery cover. If anyone has found a source, let me know!

answered 15 Jun 2023 at 01:00 PM

James Benson
Loading - please wait...