CODE 50 LCD screen does not display text

votes

The screen is orange, but no text is displayed. Is this a hardware issue?

asked 26 Apr 2020 at 09:14 PM

spencer shain
Answers: 3

vote

Do all the presets work?? --- you just can't see what preset it's on?

After I updated mine it would take afew seconds for anything to show on the screen. It did that the first probably 10 times I turned it on, then it worked fine.

If you're outta warranty, I'd open it up and try reseating the little ribbon cable that plugs the screen into the pot board.  It's not hard, just be careful. If you have a warranty, return it though.  I'm not an let ron is expert, but I tinker with computers so it's kinda the same

edited 29 Apr 2020 at 10:09 PM

indy jonz (2)

answered 29 Apr 2020 at 10:03 PM

indy jonz (2)
Correct. Everything on the amp works perfectly. I can control it with the gateway app. - spencer shain 29 Apr 2020 at 10:06 PM
I'll try removing the firmware and re-updating it first, but if that doesn't work I'll try playing with the ribbon cable. Someone else recommended that to me. Thanks! - spencer shain 29 Apr 2020 at 10:13 PM
Just power cycled it and the Marshall logo popped up along with some text before disappearing after 2-3 seconds. This happened about 2-3 times after turning it off and on. - spencer shain 30 Apr 2020 at 10:59 PM

votes

Hi Spencer,

I would first try a factory reset, if the issue continues please contact your dealer and they will be able to advise.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Apr 2020 at 07:56 AM

Tried the factory reset, didn't help. I'll see if I can get this repaired in the future. - spencer shain 29 Apr 2020 at 10:05 PM

votes

I know marshall will say don't ever mess with it , but my code 100 was not worth having it shipped to get it fixed. Labor, parts, and shipping will kill your wallet. I replaced the entire knob board for about $76.  Your code 50 is prob not worth it either.  The problem is prob faulty connection with knob board or the CPU board possibly.  Inside the amp are only a power supply board, the potentiometer board/ with screen, the headphone foot control little board, and the main pcb processor board. Not much to it.

edited 29 Apr 2020 at 10:15 PM

indy jonz (2)

answered 29 Apr 2020 at 10:11 PM

indy jonz (2)
Loading - please wait...