Origin 20h , new tubes for gain ?

votes

Got myself what i thought could be the greatest idea of an amp,Origin 20h.  looks awesome , plenty of clean , Too much clean , i can t seem to get gain and dirt out of it , i tried with Humbuckers seymour"s Pearly gates, and Aph-1 ( little gain but just to mention )  and with my strat with ssl-1 and ssl-5 it was cleaner than my fender Blues junior  ??  is there a way i can get it to growl more , change tubes? what should i put in  to get it the meanest ? i reallythought i could drive it better , oh yes and the treble, mid , bass, no big difference there also .  Not sure i want to invest to much in case there is no significative results.  what should i do to get real gainy dirt, please don t answer me to by a jcm900. cheers

asked 12 Nov 2020 at 04:12 AM

Rick Goy
Answers: 2

vote

This is the way it's designed. If you want more gain you need to turn master vol well past 12 o'clock. At around 3-4 o'clock on master vol with gain at 3 o'clock or more you'll get that awesome power tube overdrive everyone loves. 

I believe this is why Origin got so much hate. People did not get it. 

Cheers!

answered 03 Jan 2021 at 03:03 PM

Marek Siwczak (1)

votes

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your meesage, this is the way the amplifier was designed, they have a clean tone to them, if you believe there to be a fault I would recommend the amp is looked at by an engineer.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 17 Nov 2020 at 09:29 AM

Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.