MG15HCFX footswitch issues

votes

I have a MG15HCFX mini stack that  no switch seems to work with. I have purchased just about every iteration of marshall footseewitch and I cannot find on that will switch any of the options. Not between clean/crunch or OD1/OD2. Can anyone help with what is going on?Thanks

asked 28 Feb 2021 at 07:48 PM

Lenny Laninovich
Answers: 4

votes

Hi Lenny,

I hope I'm not repeating someting you may already know by now? According to the Marshall site PEDL-90008 (4-way footswitch) is specifically designed to control all the MGFX amps. I had a MG15FX that I unfortunately returned. There was certainly nothing wrong with the amp, it only went back because it provided pretty much exactly what I was getting from a Line 6 I had at the time.

Just to be sure I've checked the Marshall site and Amazon and that is definately the footswitch I was using with it. I remember it being really good bit of kit. Straightforward to use and it was built to last forever.

Hoping this is of some help to you.

Cheers,

Si.

edited 02 Mar 2021 at 06:27 PM

Simon Coulston (12)

answered 02 Mar 2021 at 06:26 PM

Simon Coulston (12)

votes

yeah, unfortunately none of that worked either. I'm beginning to think that the footswitch jack on these amps is strictly for looks as the schematic doesn't jive with the diffreent pedal functions. I have looked at the digital switches, analog , latching, momentary, etc. and nowhere in any manual is anything that says that a footswitch function is able to be utilized. I have one of every available marshall footswitch available and none will allow the clean/ crunch to be switched , not the od1  / od2 to be toggled either. I just have given up trying. 

answered 02 Mar 2021 at 10:41 PM

Lenny Laninovich

votes

Hi Lenny,

I'm really sorry to hear how you've obviously been struggling with this problem for some time. It's unacceptable that you've received no assistance nor a satisfactory solution from Marshall themselves. 
You have obviously spent a fair wedge of your hard earned here and deserve gear that does what is promised.

I hate to say this and hope I'm mistaken but my visits here over time have made me realise that if you need real help with an issue, unless you can be advised to "return your gear to the place it was purchased" there is zero help from where it should be coming. In truth very rarely do you ever see enquiries answered.
I do hope you find a solution and apologise for being of no help whatsoever. 
Good luck,

Si. 

answered 05 Mar 2021 at 07:51 AM

Simon Coulston (12)

votes

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry you seem to be having issues, I can confirm PEDL-90008 is the correct F/S for this amplifier, if you are having issues , I would suggest having it looked at by an engineer. If you email servicedesk@marshall.com , someone will be in touch to help you with this.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 05 Mar 2021 at 09:27 AM

Loading - please wait...