Best way to use Marshall Code footswitch as a volume pedal

votes

Got a Code 50 and footswitch. Still learning it, but happy so far.

I'd like to use the footswitch, in part, to jack up the volume for solos, but keeping the preset and effects the same. What's the best way to set that up?

asked 26 Jul 2017 at 02:14 AM

Dave Higginbotham
You either need to use 2 presets, one that is your rhythm, the other that is the same as your rhythm preset but with the level set higher. They say as long as your pre and power amps are the same on each, there is no delay when switching. You might make A1 your clean, A2 your rhythm, A3 your lead (which would be the same as your rhythm but with the level and gain kicked up, I would add some delay) for leads.

Or what I like to do, make a rhythm sound with your pre-distortion turned off. Then open (switch mode) for that preset with the pedal by holding that preset button down which allows you to turn on and off your pre-distortion, modulation, and delay as needed. Then set up the pre-distortion on that preset for your leads with the level jacked up and gain to taste. Then when you lead, kick on the first button which turns that pre-distortion on, kick it off when you are done.
- Dennis Bowen 26 Jul 2017 at 08:02 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...