Firmware update by Galaxy S8

votes

Am I able to do a firmware update using my Galaxy S8, or does it need to be done via tablet or computer? Thanks. 

asked 21 Nov 2017 at 03:02 PM

Dave Riley
I think you can but i did mine the easy way from my laptop only took 30 seconds to update - Kevin Davis 21 Nov 2017 at 07:09 PM
I tried that also and it would not connect with the amp. Tried all of the troubleshooting examples listed here on the site as well, and it just wasn't happening. I'm hoping I'll be able to update from my S8. - Dave Riley 21 Nov 2017 at 07:33 PM
i can connect to the amp fine with my Samsung S8 but didn't try the update - Kevin Davis 22 Nov 2017 at 11:17 PM
Answers: 1

vote

Hi David,

You can only update via Mac or Windows PC or Laptop.

Maybe try another USB lead or Port

Marshall Support

answered 22 Nov 2017 at 09:19 AM

Thanks for the responses One problem was I didn't have NET Framework 3.5 or higher running on my laptop, so I couldn't download the update. Secondly, the USB cable I've been trying to use is no good except for charging. So when I get a new cable hopefully all should be good to go. I'm assuming a sync/data cable will be sufficient? - Dave Riley 23 Nov 2017 at 10:56 PM
Hi Dave,

A Mini USB will be fine.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 24 Nov 2017 at 09:25 AM
So I bought a mini USB data cable and it finally connected with the amp. I started to update and as soon as it was completed, it said Windows had encountered a problem and Device Manager was shutting it down. Anyone know if that is supposed to happen after the update? When I reconnected again it stated that the amp was up to date. Either way, now I have an annoying glitch of sorts on the programmable pedal when I use the tuner. Wasn't there before the firmware update. What gives? - Dave Riley 25 Nov 2017 at 02:49 PM
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your message, sorry you seem to be having an issue with the Footswitch, could I ask what is happening, could you email details to Servicedesk@marshallamps.com

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 27 Nov 2017 at 11:29 AM
Loading - please wait...