I want to raise my cab up off the floor, but cannot find a stand.

votes

I've got a CODE4X12 cab and want it raised from the floor but I'm struggling to find a stand that will keep it level (i.e. parallel to the ground). Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

asked 26 Feb 2024 at 03:30 PM

Rick Green
Answers: 5

vote

If you can't raise the amp, lower the floor! 🤣

I have the CODE100H head, with the CODE412 cabinet, so no matter how high I want to go, the head is forward facing and within reach. One benefit is when the cab is raised, it projects better outward. When you go to a concert, where are all the speakers? Up in the air. The amps you see behind you are mic'd in to the PA system. So those who question why, this is just another example in favor of raising it if even just a little.

Seriously, back in the early days, we had an evolution of raising cabs. Originally, we used milk crates. We'd stack up 3x3 or 3x2 with a black cloth covering them and the cab would sit on top. You can even use cinder blocks for a more sturdy foundation.

Later on in another band, our guitarist had anvil cases for all his equipment. If he was only using one cabinet he'd take the speaker out of the case, flip the top of the case upside down and then with a black cloth, cover it then put the cab on top. Otherwise if he was using both cabs, he stacked the two together.

Some guitarists get creative and have custom made silk screened  covers to make the bottom look like a cabinet, or a cab with no cover, just four mean looking speakers silk screened onto the cover's cloth.

In my case, I put it on top of what used to be a dresser, but this dresser has been promoted to gear storage.  I've been trying to attach a photo, with no success but I'm sure you get the drift. You'd be amazed what thrift shops have to offer if you're willing to think outside of the box and maybe visit a few before throwing in the towel.

At the moment, my rig is sitting on a 4 wheel furniture dolly for better mobility.

edited 02 Mar 2024 at 01:46 AM

John Tucker (11)

answered 02 Mar 2024 at 12:41 AM

John Tucker (11)

vote

Always willing to learn new things, but why would you want to lift a 4x12 off the ground?

If anything, the most sensible suggestion I would give you is stick some castors on it.

answered 28 Feb 2024 at 11:10 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Ditto - Kent Fillmore 29 Feb 2024 at 07:24 PM

votes

Search Solidsteel Vibestand® GS-S

edited 27 Feb 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ignacio González (5)

answered 27 Feb 2024 at 08:18 AM

Ignacio González (5)

votes

Thanks for the suggestions. The reason I want to raise the cab is simply because I can't hear it - it's loud enough, but as I'm very tall and partially deaf I spend a lot of time bending down to hear it properly, and there's no way to turn down my drummer! Raising the cab off the floor seems like a good option. Those Vibestands don't seem to be available in the UK (my office is a mile away from the Marshall factory!) so short of a box or additional cab there seems to be little I can use at the moment.

answered 01 Mar 2024 at 09:15 AM

Rick Green

votes

I have seen the Vibestand on Amazon and other pages....

On the other hand, I´ve never palyed with an Amp Stand. I´ve got a CODE 100c and I would like to know if anyone has the esperience and if it is true that it feels diferent.

edited 01 Mar 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ignacio González (5)

answered 01 Mar 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ignacio González (5)
Loading - please wait...