Amp Stand

votes

I´ve never palyed with an Amp Stand. I´ve got a CODE 100c and I would like to know if anyone has the esperience and if it is true that it feels diferent.

asked 01 Mar 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ignacio González (5)
Answers: 2

vote

There are a few benefits of using an amp stand.

Firstly the controls are at a better height to access, secondly you can generally hear the higher frequencies more and have a better indication of volume compared to the speakers pointed right at the back of your legs, and thirdly and probably the reason most people use them, is to remove the amp from direct contact from the floor as this can cause a "boominess" which enhances the bass frequencies and can make your amp sound muddy or muddle up the frequencies and make it sound messy.

Having said that. putting your amp on a table or chair, or milk crates or anything really that lifts it off the floor will give you the same effect, so try it with whatever you have at hand. Usually amp stands are tilted back a little so can get the same effect but only being a few inches off the floor.

edited 06 Mar 2024 at 09:13 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 06 Mar 2024 at 09:12 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

Thanks for answering, Joliet.

You tell me that it does influence the sound a lot.

I´ll try it by lifting it off the floor, like you recommended, before buying anything...

edited 06 Mar 2024 at 09:38 AM

Ignacio González (5)

answered 06 Mar 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ignacio González (5)
Loading - please wait...