DSL1HR Emulated Out Really Hot

votes

Hello! As stated in the title when I run my emulated out into my SSL2 audio interface using the line level setting and the hi-z setting as recommended in the SSL2 manual, with the channel volume on the interface all the way down the meter is in the yellow and even on the clean channel on the head if I strum hard I get lots of fizz and crackle. This happens both on the 1W and .1W settings. The distortion channel of the amp sounds great, but the background crackle and fuzz comes through both on my monitoriing channel on the interface and my DAW.  This happens on both input channels on my interface. Even if I deselect the Hi-z and line level inputs and turn the volume way up to where I can barely hear the guitar, I get crackle when I strum.

My questions are: is there something I can do to chill this really hot signal out? Or is something wrong with my amplifier and it requires service?

Further info: I bought this amp used from guitar center online and don't know it's actual age, although it looks and feels nearly brand new.

Thank you for your time!

asked 13 Jun 2024 at 09:11 PM

Doug Wolf
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Doug,

Thank you for reaching out, we would suggest the amp is looked at by an engineer, on the back of the amplifier you will have a barcode and at the end will give the year it was made, if you let me know where you based I can see if we can find you a local engineer.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 17 Jun 2024 at 03:46 PM

Thank you for your answer! My sticker says 04-20 at the end and I am currently based in Lawrence, Kansas, USA. Thank you for your time. - Doug Wolf 17 Jun 2024 at 04:38 PM
Hi Doug,

Means the amp was made in 2020, if you could email servicedesk@marshall.com , with your full address their team will help you find a repair centre to look at the amp for you.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 18 Jun 2024 at 09:03 AM
Thank you for your time and attention! - Doug Wolf 18 Jun 2024 at 11:10 AM
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.