PC EDITOR PROBLEM CODE 25

votes

With Google Chrome I can download patches and use the LIVE EDITOR  on my laptop.  My problem is Norton Antivirus blocks me downloading PC EDITOR.

I'm not tech savvy enough to trust turning off the antivirus software to see if that helps.  The antivirus doesn't give me the option of accepting the download, it just deletes it immediately.  I don't have this problem with anything else I download. 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

edited 22 Jan 2018 at 05:07 PM

James sher (7)

asked 22 Jan 2018 at 04:44 PM

James sher (7)
This software was developed by enthusiasts and the marshall is not responsible for it. I've been using this program for more than a year and my antivirus (Kaspersky) has never found anything suspicious in it. - Denis Moysienko 23 Jan 2018 at 01:31 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Hey James.

Yep.  As already stated: the PC Editor is NOT from Marshall Amplification so they cannot and will not provide support for it.  I've also been using it for a long time with no issues as all (AVG Antivirus no problem).  Your problem would be better detailed on Marshall Code Tools (https://marshallcode.tools/) which is where the software comes from.  Alternatively: I can email it to you if you like (not sure if Norton will still complain when you try to extract the file and install) (but surely Norton has an option to exclude the checking of certain files)???

Regards,

Dale.

answered 19 Feb 2018 at 11:03 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...