What is the difference between Preset(blue) and Library (Gold)?

votes

Hello,

Can someone tell me the difference between Preset(blue) and Library (Gold) on the gateway app. And  tap to sync?   

asked 25 Jan 2018 at 04:23 AM

Terry W
when you save a preset from the presets page, it will save initially to your gateway. you then sync your Bluetooth device to this site and the gateway app on your phone or device (that is linked via bluetooth to your amp) will give you all the presets you saved. before you start saving presets the blue and gold are identical. Personally I save presets to the blue phone icon only (you can switch by hitting the small icon on the bottom left hand corner from an amp icon to a phone icon). you overwrite one of the presets there (remembering they are there still on the amp itself in the gold section on the app {did that make sense} and your preset is available every time you flash up your amp and Bluetooth device. for my device, when I go to the phone, the blue bit, all the presets there are available straight away - names of them that is. when I switch to the yellow amp section the 99 presets I have to press the tap to sync to make it available on my Bluetooth device just in case I may have overwritten those presets previously. (I'm guessing that but that's what happens for me anyway) - dave thomas 25 Jan 2018 at 04:54 AM
Answers: 1

vote

They are the same thing, just saved in different places. Presets (blue) are stored on your phone/tablet so if you know someone else with a CODE you can play your (blue) presets through their amp. Library (gold) are what is stored on whichever CODE amp you are connected to. The save screen lets you save to either or both places assuming you are connected to a CODE.

answered 26 Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM

Fretbuzz Lightyear (53)
Loading - please wait...