stompware

votes

will mg series foot controller work with code series amps.the guy at guitar center ordered me mg4 item 476224000000000 instead of code series 1500000005811 for my marshall code 50 yesterday.I stopped by today and he thinks itll work,but i think maybe features are different and also think quality of code stompware may be better,any advise?It's a pain cause i have to wait until end of week to get mg4 and then return to order correct pedal,THANKS

asked 29 Jan 2018 at 09:45 PM

bobby stevens
Get the most out of your MG FX amp with the four button Marshall Amps Stompware foot controller PEDL90008. For sale online and in our Glasgow shop. Fast UK dispatch an delivery. Incorporating Marshall's very own patent-pending Stompware technology, developed from the award-winning JVM series, the MG Footcontroller makes using the MG 'FX' amplifiers simplicity itself. - Blake Joshua 11 Nov 2019 at 06:55 AM
Answers: 1

votes

I suggest you find another Marshall retailer... one who knows what is what as far as equipment and their compatability.

It seems this guy just wants to sell you a switch without checking specifications and other technical information, and because he probably ordered the wrong item to begin with so he wants you to eat his mistake.. The PEDL-90008 is only useful with the MG series, at least according to Marshall specifications. They make no mention of cross compatibilty with CODE and MG, and it's not because Marshall just wants you buy more footswitches. The CODE series has many more adjustments and capabilities than the MG series and requires a fully programmable digital footswitch. The MG pedal is not that type of switch. Consider that the MG has the limitation of channels for CLEAN, CRUNCH, OD-1, OD-2 whereas the CODE has Presets that far exceed these modest settings.

Ask the retailer how to program one of the 100 Presets into the MG footswitch. I'll bet he will fail or simply try to pass it off. My suggestion to you is make sure you understand what works and does not work with your CODE before getting anything ordered. You need to educate yourself before commiting. Check the Marshall web sites and other resources. You can't rely on the retailer to know everything about everything.

Hope this helps.

edited 30 Jan 2018 at 04:59 AM

Dave Duncan (57)

answered 30 Jan 2018 at 04:57 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
Thanks Dave,just what i expected.I had done some research and knew better,but the kid sold me.He's not the guy I usually deal with and when i went back my normal guy was in and he rolled his eyes when i was explaining to salesman that I thought there was compatibility issues.It will be taken care of,but major pain when it could of been better experience.I bought code 50 from friend with a ton of gear and he kept pedal because he was getting code 100.Great garage amp with the Marshall tones we all love!I did modify amp with old celestion speaker I had and replaced back panel with 3/4 inch plywood,I think they lowered cost with cab construction and speaker,but 300 bucks in ,it's all GOOD. - bobby stevens 30 Jan 2018 at 05:05 PM
No worries. Glad you got it all sorted out. Thanks for the response. - Dave Duncan 30 Jan 2018 at 05:11 PM
Loading - please wait...