OD pedals into Code25 = THEY SUCK!

votes

Having trouble using my Code 25 with a bunch of different pedals (ODs).
All of my pedals sound great plugged straight to my Audio interface + Amplitube 4 IRs (cabs only) but when I plug them straight into the Code, they sound horrible!
I've tried turning the Pre Amp, Power Amp and even the Cabs on the Code and it does not sound any good...
Tried the Natural pre amp, the Clean American power amp and a few combinations but still nothing sounds good.
Any ideas or do the Code just won't take ODs pedals at all?
I've tried a Weehbo JCM, Tech 21 Characters Blonde and Liverpool, Zvex Distortron and a J. Rocket Archer but nothing sounds good.
I mostly play the Code with some flat AKG headsets, just like I do with my Audio Interface to fine tune my tone.
Is it the Code's phone output that sucks or is the amp itself that does not take ODs pedals at all?

asked 09 Apr 2018 at 02:21 AM

Glauber Joe
I've had my Code 50 for a little over a month. I was on the fence about exchanging it because I find it over the top digital sounding. Very shrill.

I have an old Zoom GFX8 that sounded really bad plugged into the Code. I turned all of the effects, Pre Amp, Cabinets, etc off and set the EQ levels to sound good through the amp with the pedal on bypass. Definitely some fine tuning needed, but sounds decent. Much darker than the Code by itself.

I will continue to play with presets and I do think I can dial in some good sounds. Think I'll keep the Marshall.
- Aaron Herbert 09 Apr 2018 at 06:41 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...