Forums Slow

votes

Hi.

Is it just me or have these forums become extremely slow and unresponsive since the weekend???  I also cannot login from my iPad for some reason i.e. I get an error on the iPad (I think it's timing out).  And from my PC's the forums take an age to load.  They're now operating at the same tilt as support!!!  LOL!!!  (Sorry: just having a bit of fun!!!).

Regards,

Dale.

iOS

asked 22 May 2018 at 05:55 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Answers: 2

votes

Probably your local problem, I'm afraid. I know that this site IS markedly slower than most of other I use, but today it works quite OK.

But I'm a couple of thousands of miles closer to the Marshall server... :-)

answered 23 May 2018 at 09:56 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Yelo.

An update.

Nope: not local. Still cannot log in from my iPad (which I've always been able to do) and they still take a time to load and are slow. And what I've fathomed is that this has started since all of this "Privacy" nonsense (thanks a lot Zuckerberg) e.g. since yesterday the site is asking me to accepts cookies ON MY IPAD no less. That's new (for me anyway).

Oh well. I guess the mere fact that I'm able to be posting this at least means I can connect from my notebooks so all good I guess!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 26 May 2018 at 06:09 AM

votes

Dudes.

The forums are getting SLOWER I'm afraid.  And it's not (I assure you) because I'm so far away.  It now takes a L-O-N-G time just to login and when moving between messages posting replies.

I also (still) cannot login from my iPad.

AND: both here and on the iPad I keep getting reminded that this site uses cookies and I accept them.

Again: this all started when I posted my first post above i.e. at about exactly the same time as all of these privacy issues were raised and at about the exact same time as this cookie message started appearging (come to think of it now).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 05 Jun 2018 at 02:20 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...