Brand new DSL40cr - "wind blowing" noise

votes

Hi there,

Just last week I purchased a brand new Marshall DSL40cr, and after playing through it for some minutes I noticed a "wind blowing on a microphone" sort of noise coming from it. I did some research online and found out that quite a few people have had the same problem with this amp. I'm guessing you must be aware of this by now and must also have the solution to this problem.

I live in Brazil, so I'd rather not have to send my amp back to where I bought it in the US, but instead take it to a local tech here in Brazil. I just need to know how to solve this problem. I've already talked to two technicians here, but they don't seem to know what to do about it. What have you found out about this "wind blowing sound" problem? How can I fix it?

Best wishes,

Frank

asked 30 Jul 2019 at 01:38 AM

Frank Toledo
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Frank,

Thank you for getting in touch, as your warranty is with the dealer you purchased your through, we would recommend you contact your dealer to arrange for an engineer to look at the amp for you.

Marshall Support

answered 31 Jul 2019 at 03:34 PM

Hi there,
Unfortunately, the engineer they put me in touch with doesn't seem to have a clue about how to solve the issue, and is not that interested in doing so either. But I am.
Doing some more research, I came across what could be the solution to this problem: replacing the resistors R141 and R148 and the capacitor C139.
Is that what Marshall tech support recommend that I do to solve the "wind blowing" sound issue? Many other people have had the exact same problem, so I'm sure Marshall already knows how to solve it. Help me out, please...
- Frank Toledo 31 Jul 2019 at 07:05 PM
Hi Frank,

Can you email all the details over to servicedesk@marshall.com, can you include where you purchased and a purchase date, and we will forward this to the distributor.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Aug 2019 at 08:03 AM
Loading - please wait...