Code software updates

votes

So the amp is great and all, except for the noise introduced via the USB interface and the lack of user-made patches and stuff. So when can we expect a software update to be released? It's been quite a while since the amp was released and I would very much appreciate a fix. Also, will more amp models be added down the line? Cheers.

asked 23 Sep 2016 at 10:53 AM

Eugene Ooi (3)
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Eugene,

The update should be ready very soon, we are just waiting for the go ahead from our tech department to have it released. We sincerley apologise for the delay and will keep you updated.

Thanks

Team Marshall

answered 28 Sep 2016 at 08:17 AM

Cool. I hope to see more focus around the software side of things, since I feel that's where the product falls behind a little when compared to the competition, especially since Line6 have now released the new Spider V.

A couple things I feel should be added down the line are a looper, fuzz, more amp models (think your citrusy English brethren, etc) and perhaps even the clean channels of the existing amps, since not all are included. Also, an automatic email notification system for software updates and whatever else would be nice. Specifically emails that go out to those of us who have registered our amps.

I also feel a lot can be done to improve the gateway application. There are currently a lot of bugs with saving presets and the bluetooth functionality in itself, although I suspect the former issue may have to do with the amp rather than the app. A desktop app would also be nice, with some graphical representation of the amp models and what not.

Despite being a first for Marshall, it feels like a rather half-baked product when you compare it with alternatives. I bought it because "Marshall", but I don't think that's good enough to call it a really successful product, especially considering the target market. Just my two cents.
- Eugene Ooi 29 Sep 2016 at 08:32 AM
Loading - please wait...