Marshall Code 50 master volume pot

votes

Does anyone know if the issue over master volume being too sensitive (too low or too loud due to non-linear response) has been fixed? Looking at getting a Code 50, but this would be a deal-breaker for me. Amp will be mainly used for home practice / recording with occasional gig use, so it must be able to perform at bedroom levels without tone loss. Thanks in advance.

asked 04 Jun 2020 at 10:13 AM

Jeff Nicholls
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your comments, there is not a fix for this, the master volume pot is separate to the firmware board, it is not seen as a fault, we suggested making sure the preset volume is set before adjusting the master volume.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 04 Jun 2020 at 10:20 AM

Sorry, Marshall Team, but your advice is useless for home recording. When using clean channels USB output level is far to low even when preset volume is set to 10. It would be nice if you fix this level (which, I believe, is to be done by firmware modification. - Jacek Klimkiewicz 04 Jun 2020 at 10:40 AM
Thanks for this.

Does adjusting the preset volume alter the tone? The idea of a master is that you can drive the amp at low volumes surely? Can you do that on the Code effectively? I'm also considering a Katana which allows 25W and 0.5W settings with no tone change. I've always had Marshalls so not keen to move, but if I can't use it at bedroom level, then it won't work for me.
- Jeff Nicholls 04 Jun 2020 at 11:11 AM
Hi Jacek,

The master volume pot is on a separate board to where the firmware is updated, its a isolated pot.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jun 2020 at 11:48 AM
Hi Jeff,

No this does not alter the tone of the preset, you will get the same sound of the preset you have seleted.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jun 2020 at 11:49 AM
Hi Marshall Support.
I didn't ask you to fix master volume operation by new firmware. I asked you to increase USB output level (let's say about 20 dB), for clean channels is to low for any DAW software.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 04 Jun 2020 at 01:46 PM

votes

USB and bedroom levels? Its a Marshall, crank it up and feel the power!

answered 14 Jun 2020 at 03:34 AM

Blake On Guitar!
Loading - please wait...