DSL100HR self switching channel

votes

Hi,

Just bought a DSL100HR head and noticed that it is self switching from clasic gain to ultragain chanel in a random way.

It happend  3 times in aprox. 20 hours of functioning and 2 times I was not even playing the guitar, the amp was on on classic gain crunch and switched suddenly on the ultragain.

I do not use the PEDL-90012 foot switch, I use instead a midi connection from loop controller Harley Benton FXL8 Pro ( everything works as expected here , could program and switching works fine through midi). The amp works perfect in rest nothing to complain except this strange behavior.

Q:  any idea what is the problem and if/how can be fixed, is it something common ? 

Thanks in advance!

edited 21 Oct 2020 at 02:59 PM

Adrian Stoican

asked 21 Oct 2020 at 02:57 PM

Adrian Stoican
Answers: 3

votes

Hello Adrian,

Without seeing the amplifier it is hard to say, does it occur without the MIDI controller plugged in, if it doesn`t then it may be a compability  issue.

Does it do it without anything plugged in? and does it occur with the correct footswitch plugged in?

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Oct 2020 at 12:45 PM

votes

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Here is what I checked so far:

1. used the PEDL-90012 foot switch and no midi connection for aprox 10 h -->  problem no longere reproduced 

2. used the amp without anything plugged in for aprox 20 h --> problem no longer reproduced

3. used the amp with midi Harley Benton FXL8 Pro only for aprox 10 h --> problem no longer reproduced until now...

so..how could this be.. ? 

could be something else responsable about the described problem ?   (e.g. how loud I use the amp, how much gain....)

answered 28 Oct 2020 at 02:06 PM

Adrian Stoican
We recommend that you contact the dealer it was purchased through to see if they can check the amplifier over and the midi pedal to see what is causing the problem.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 29 Oct 2020 at 04:28 PM

votes

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answer !

Is it possible also to have something to do with the electrical power fluctuations (e.g. instead of 230 V  constant to have lower values 200 V - 210 V) ? 

Are/could  be that the relay responsible for the channel switch be influenced by the electrical power input ?

answered 03 Nov 2020 at 02:32 PM

Adrian Stoican
Loading - please wait...