CODE 50 Master Volume Issue

votes

I have the CODE 50. My problem is with the master volume knob. When I set it to ~ 0-0.9 it is very low, but once it gets to ~1.1 it gets immediatelly too loud and there is no way to achieve something in between. Controling the master volume is a real problem cos I can not get a normal (not too loud) volume. You can make the increments between 0-2 a bit more slowly increasing to allow better management of the master volume.

Another thing is the playback volume on both the Gateway app and the line in. When using the Gateway app I have to lower the volume (1-3) and increase the master to a lot more just to balance the backing track and the guitar. I have tried my phone via line-in, my laptop and even connecting it to the output of my Creative SBX.  The only thing that works is cranking the volume pass 100% on the PC player if it is supported to get it to be loud enough to play along.

asked 27 Oct 2016 at 10:55 AM

Goce Bonev (25)
Answers: 30

votes

Hi Goce,

Have you tried adjusting the threshold? and using the volume instead of the master volume?

Team Marshall

answered 27 Oct 2016 at 12:22 PM

The same Issue. Probably ... need for improvement !? - Mini Jama 14 Dec 2016 at 03:50 PM

votes

Unfortunatelly that does not solve the poblem. Changing the volume also changes the sound of the patch... so it is not the desired solution.

answered 27 Oct 2016 at 12:31 PM

Goce Bonev (25)
I just got my Code 50 today. So impressed with the amp in general, but the same issue - crank up Bluetooth audio to full volume on iPhone, adjust the Master to something suitable, and the patches are way too loud in comparison. Only option I can think of is to readjust and save the volume of every patch to suit - when an option to adjust the audio would work best. How about an option to hold down Rev and Power (Bluetooth) and change the audio volume with the regular Volume pot while holding down? Or any button + volume, whatever works best... - Brian Campbell 04 Nov 2016 at 08:05 PM
Yes in this instance it will mean lowering the volume on each preset to match the external audio level.

However, the idea of adjusting the external audio volume is something we can look into

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 07 Nov 2016 at 12:05 PM

votes

I am struggling with the same issue mentioned here.   In order to get the Bluetooth or Aux In audio to a reasonable level I have to turn up the master volume but this results in the output of the guitar being excessively loud unless I drop the volume of the patch to a very low level (1.0 - 2.0).   Doing this for all patches is awkward especially when the usable range to match to the audio level is so narrow.   Is the patch volume a reactive parameter of the model or just an attenuator?  If it is a reactive parameter,  then using this method may also be compromising the tone of the patch.   

I would like to add support to the idea of adding a ratio control that can adjust the balance of the Bluetooth/Aux/USB audio levels relative to the guitar level before hitting the master volume.  This is the only problem I am facing with what is overall a great product. 

answered 16 Nov 2016 at 12:23 PM

Malcolm Johnston (6)
all comments on this thread have been passed on for further investigation and testing in order to solve this issue. - Marshall Amplification 17 Nov 2016 at 12:35 PM
Thank you. I've discovered something else which I think adds weight to why this amp needs something along the lines of this thread. The USB recording level seems to be determined by the patch volume so reducing that isn't a solution to balancing the levels as this will result in a recorded track that is very low in level with poor bit utilisation / dynamic range. To get a good recording level you have to turn up the patch volume and turn the master down so low to compensate that you can no longer hear the reference track from the DAW. For USB DAW work, the amp isn't really usable yet although this is one of the key features that it is marketed as supporting. If there is anything else I can do to help or support with this, I'd be more than happy to. Regards, Malcolm - Malcolm Johnston 17 Nov 2016 at 09:21 PM

votes

Hi, the issue is not only on the code 50 my 25 is the same, volume knob right down= no sound then as you slowly increase volume very little happens than once it kicks in it far to loud. This is a issue but best of luck trying to get help from tech team as I have had a concern with a hissing noise for about 4 months now and no further forward, I was told the same turn down volume or adjust noise gate which I don't want to do as it alters the patch.

Good luck. 

answered 11 Jan 2017 at 05:18 PM

Martin Blyth (27)

votes

Is there any possibility that this issue gets fixed:

"I have the CODE 50. My problem is with the master volume knob. When I set it to ~ 0-0.9 it is very low, but once it gets to ~1.1 it gets immediatelly too loud and there is no way to achieve something in between. Controling the master volume is a real problem cos I can not get a normal (not too loud) volume."

answered 27 Jan 2017 at 11:57 AM

Torben Keller (17)
Agreed. Love the amp, but...

Seems to be a real issue with volume.

There is very little on the spectrum that is bedroom or even neighbourhood friendly.

Maybe a firmware update to address this?

Also would be good to be able to set all presets to the same volume - pretty irritating having to make large adjustments to volume each time you change tone.
- Gary Haselgrove 31 Mar 2017 at 09:21 AM

votes

Same here for my code 25... It's a little bit disappointing for a practice Amp, to have to fight with master volume between 0.9 and 1.2 to get a decent bed room /living room volume

My Yamaha THR10C has a much more progressive volume (but not has good overdriven sounds...)

answered 06 Apr 2017 at 06:36 PM

Michael H (11)

votes

I ask my question directly to support by email.

They said that R&D team, is working on it. They also said that the next firmware update should solve this issue, but they didn't said when this update should be released.

answered 02 May 2017 at 08:35 AM

Michael H (11)

votes

Guys are you still alive? You are clearly ignoring us... The first message of this topic was in Oct last year,  8 f***** months ago.

answered 24 Jun 2017 at 05:27 PM

Michael H (11)

votes

Same issue, Code 50 amp. First the volume is too low, and then suddenly within a 1mm turn of the MASTER knob it gets toooo loud. 

And still no FW update from Marshall. This is a kinda big issue and it feels like Marshall is ignoring the issue. Please release a new FW before the summer!

answered 04 May 2017 at 05:42 PM

Magnus Frostell (2)
Hi Magnus,

Definitely not ignoring the issue, this is something we need to work into the firmware, so this will need testing on units and with the app as well and also make sure it doesn't cause any other issues.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 05 May 2017 at 07:33 AM
Any ETA for this new firmware?
2 days?
2 weeks?
2 months?

You were pioneer with bluetooth connected amp, but we have the feeling that we are some kind of beta testers... Competitors are coming (see the Mustang GT). Prove us that we make the right choice, choosing a Marshall!
- Michael H 10 May 2017 at 06:16 PM
+1. It isn't so much a volume issue as a company culture issue.

It sets a strong precedent on the type of consumer product company Marshall wants to be given an issue that is extremely unambiguously clearly wrong and extremely easily discoverable if any of their employees actually took the prototype home and played with it before selling it. Given also the top grade simplicity of the fix, and the inversely strong inconvenience the issue causes to paying customers, what Marshall does here is what I'm going assume to be the best case response time Marshall will provide for all issues (especially once that will be more nuanced than this one).

Mustang GT has built-in support for wifi, more power, a real screen, built-in digital support for a wah, looper (and presumably a usable volume knob) for the same price.
- Xiao Yu 15 May 2017 at 06:47 PM

votes

More than one year that your "developpement team" is working on that issue (original post from Oct 2016)...

Come on Marshall do something! Less talks and appologies, more actions!

edited 04 Dec 2017 at 07:28 PM

Michael H (11)

answered 04 Dec 2017 at 07:17 PM

Michael H (11)

votes

I guess at this point, we're simply stuck with a bad design decision. The amp sounds good enough I'm willing to live with it and adjusting the patch volume seems to work fine recording with the line out. If there's a real difference in tone, I can't hear it.

edited 06 Jan 2020 at 07:18 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

answered 06 Jan 2020 at 07:17 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)
I think the latest firmware update fixed this issue, did someone else experience this? - Ricardo Rivera 04 Jul 2020 at 12:12 AM

vote

Hi All,

We are looking into this and have passed it to R&D

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 07 Apr 2017 at 07:52 AM

A firmware update would be great. It would be such an easy issue to solve for the disproportionately high inconvenience it causes for such a low grade issue. Just tweak the response curve so that a 5 degree rotation doesn't result in a 20db increase. - Xiao Yu 22 Apr 2017 at 08:09 AM

vote

THIS ISSUE IS STILL ACTUAL !!!  THE MASTER VOLUME ADJUSTMENT IS NOT LINEAR !!! PLEASE MAKE A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO SOLVE THAT !!!

answered 02 Jul 2017 at 08:35 AM

Eug Eugov (4)

vote

Did this ever get sorted guys? Had mine delivered 2-3 days ago and the issue is still there on the master volume.

answered 09 Sep 2017 at 09:40 AM

luke satchwell (1)

vote

I just want to add my voice to those talking about this issue. I recently purchased the Code 50 and am considering returning it because it's just not usable in a bedroom setting most of the time without headphones. Some of the presets can be adjusted down, but at least a few of the ones I've tried are simply way, way too loud to be usable. With headphones the levels are usable, and the amp sounds really nice, but I don't want to have to wear headphones all the time just to use this at home.

I am super excited to see such a community around these amps, and how programmable they are, but this (seemingly) simple and obvious volume problem is very annoying.

answered 19 Jan 2018 at 05:38 PM

Sam Storie (1)
So I just unboxed this amazing new piece of equipment, the CODE 50. After about an hour of playing with everything I said to myself, "Damn this thing is loud and the volume is turned down almost all the way... WTF?" Then after scoping it out online to see about the fix... I realize the whole world is waiting on the same thing lol. It's awesome to see how engaged everyone is but I'll be honest... I am not rich and this amp wasn't exactly cheap. I normally do my homework on stuff like this before buying but I never in a million years thought to check about the volume functionality to see if it would meet my needs. I'm not a working musician so this is my one and only amp BUT like someone earlier said... Ill get evicted and divorced if this doesn't get fixed so I'll be forced to go back to square one and find another option for a home/practice amp. I am concerned that this issue has been known for over a year and still no work around or fix. I was so stoked about this purchase too but now I'm sitting here like a kid at Christmas who can't play with his new toy because mom got drunk and forgot to get batteries!! PLEASE HELP YOUR LOYAL MARSHALL CUSTOMERS AND DONT FORCE US TO MOVE ON TO VOX, YAMAHA, ORANGE, FENDER, OR BLACKSTAR.

We believe in your team and hope for a quick resolution! PS... I thought the idea to have a "home friendly" setting put on the app was pretty genius. Let's just do that and make things easy so everyone can get to rockin again!

Thx,

Mike in Texas 🤘
- Mike Overson 11 Mar 2018 at 01:44 AM
Hi Mike,

The Volume pot is not apart of the Firmware, to fix this you need to control the Volume for each preset, using the preset volume.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 12 Mar 2018 at 09:30 AM

vote

Hey there,

I have exactly the same problem  with the Master Volume Poty on my CODE 25 like all the others here.

Please Fix this issue.

Best regards

answered 31 May 2018 at 07:18 PM

Tobias P. (1)
Hi Tobias,

Unfortunately there is no direct fix, as the pot is not apart of the firmware board, you would need to adjust preset volumes to help with this.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Jun 2018 at 08:04 AM

"I have the CODE 50. My problem is with the master volume knob. When I set it to ~ 0-0.9 it is very low, but once it gets to ~1.1 it gets immediatelly too loud and there is no way to achieve something in between. Controling the master volume is a real problem cos I can not get a normal (not too loud) volume."
- Cody Berger 04 Nov 2018 at 04:54 AM

vote

Hi, 

Must say I have similar issue with how much powerfull the volume is in lower levels. 

The Master indeed after 1-2 is very loud.
Though I have learned that any preset also include some settings of volume level (so I can reduce also the volume and not only the master), I am still get loud output when the volume is around 2 and master around 2. 

Bit higher than that, and the bass strings have very much "presence" (which I failed to lowered using any settings). Lower than that, I can here the metalic sound of the guitar strings...as the sound is too low...

The best solution so far is to play with headphones. (now I am looking for good set to match this power...)

I have thoughts about maybe replacing it with something more quite and more fit for home use, but I do like this amp. so I assume I will still think about.

answered 26 Dec 2018 at 08:21 AM

Tomer C (1)
Would replacing the pot with one that's truly linear help, or is it what the firmware is doing with the info? I'll gladly replace the pot if it fixes the issue. - Jon Jacobi 30 Jan 2019 at 02:19 AM
I assume this may fix it, but that solution actually send me to repairman and to invest more money and time with modification for the amp.

just to update - I have recently managed to sell it with serious lose of money, just because I prefer losing part of the money than losing 100% of it with an amp I can't use.
- Tomer C 20 Aug 2019 at 08:36 AM
by the way - I bought orange micro terror 20w instead in half the price (with cab). so much better. - Tomer C 20 Aug 2019 at 08:36 AM

vote

Dear support team, any chance fixing this master volume issue via a firmware update any time soon? Thanks.

answered 03 Jan 2020 at 01:03 PM

Rudolf Csiba (1)
Hi Rudolf,

The Master volume is not part of the Firmware set up , so no update will be able to change the the way the Master Volume works, I would suggest changing the preset volume to help with this.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 06 Jan 2020 at 10:30 AM
"The Master volume is not part of the Firmware set up": fair enough, but how about the volume? There must be some kind of global setting/factor in the firmware which controls the overall volume range for the presets. You should be able and ought to fix that, because setting all of the presets' volumes to ~1.0 is just unacceptable. Anything above just makes the master volume sensitive as hell. How about making 1.0 the new maximum to have a volume scale which makes more sense? Thanks. - Rudolf Csiba 06 Jan 2020 at 01:42 PM
Can somebody please reply from the support team? - Rudolf Csiba 22 Feb 2020 at 11:46 AM

vote

Guys you know what, I am reading through this whole discussion about the problem I also have, the master volume knob. I was hoping there will be an answer here or a solution, because I own the amp for 4 years now and I just played it like 10 times and everytime I was pissed of by this volume knob. The sound is great, the amp is great for practicing / playing with the band, but why the f***  is it not able to control the master volume properly?

I will be very happy is Marshall Support will stop to say this bullshit again and again to use the volume knob instead of the master volume.

Do you even understand, what the difference between the volume and master volume is? What these knobs makes with the overal sound?

And are you kidding with the last answer, that the master volume problem is not a fault, but the design of the amplifier?

So if the car manufacturer makes a gas pedal not sensitive as it should be, you will tell him not to use the gas pedal, but to use a brake together with gas?

This is how you treat your customers?

For sure there is an engineer / engineers, designers, etc. in Marshall, who knows how to solve this problem easily.

But this takes some work to do and this cost money, right? So this is the reason, why you don´t want to help your customer?

Honestly I will be very happy if you can take your amp back from me and return me my money, because I just can not use it at home.

Thank you

answered 19 Feb 2022 at 08:48 PM

Marshall Code 50 (1)

votes

Hi All,

The Volume pot is not apart of the firmware, so are R&D team are looking into this.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 27 Jun 2017 at 07:55 AM

What kind of English language use do you exhibit here? Scary, scary scary. - Robert Miller 15 Aug 2019 at 01:22 AM

votes

I can't figure it out if the firmware update released the 10th of Oct is supposed to help or not...

It's still tricky to tune that master volume, but maybe it's a little better.

edited 22 Oct 2017 at 09:22 PM

Michael H (11)

answered 22 Oct 2017 at 09:06 PM

Michael H (11)
I just got My Code 50.
First thing that annoyed me was this horrible volume pot. I listened carefully to the volume adjustments before, and after the 10 October updater. NOTHING HAS CHANGED!
This makes the amp very hard to use at home for practice.
How did you ship this amp like this?
Maybe check your technicians for hearing loss.
Please fix this Marshall!
I was going to buy the vox vt40x, but got this "more expensive" amp cause I found a great black-Friday deal on it.
Please don't make me regret my decision!
- Gerbrand Nel 30 Nov 2017 at 02:31 PM
Hello Gerbrand,
The October update was not related to the master volume, you can try adjusting the pre set volume.
Your comments regarding the master volume will be passed on to our develop team.
- JOANNA GREEN 04 Dec 2017 at 03:00 PM
Please stop telling us to fix this by adjusting the pre set volume, and fix the master volume pot in a patch!
Messing with the preset volume is annoying and kills the tone.
I thought the whole point of a master volume was that you can turn the volume down without messing up the tone.
If you cant fix the master volume with a patch for some reason, please just admit that you messed up so we can go on with our lives.
- Gerbrand Nel 06 Dec 2017 at 04:10 PM
My biggest problem with this volume pot is: The amp sounds bloody amazing through my headphones, but I cant even give my wife and kids a demo without risking permanent hearing loss / divorce at this point in time.
Also I didn't buy a 50w amp so it can sound amazing through headphones.
I want to experience this marshall goodness without getting evicted from my house.
So pissed-off right now!
- Gerbrand Nel 06 Dec 2017 at 04:17 PM
I'm assuming you guys can't fix this with a firmware update, so how about this:
Add a "neighbor friendly" setting in the gateway app. This setting should normalize all presets to an acceptable volume that works on the amp at the point where the volume becomes too loud for home use. So basically adding an additional volume multiplier and normalizer into the mix.
Maybe just set all volumes in this mode to be 50% less so we can crank the volume up without ear-rape.
Then we can turn this setting off when we want to gig or practice with others.
Can you look into this for us?
- Gerbrand Nel 07 Dec 2017 at 12:31 PM
Hello Gerbrand,
Thank you for your suggestion regarding the volume we will pass this onto our develop team.
- JOANNA GREEN 07 Dec 2017 at 02:14 PM

votes

Hi Marshall!

I'm a user from Korea! I got my Code50 a month ago, and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Code50 is NOT suitable for bedroom (not even living room) at all due to this volume and master issue. There are only too quiet and too *ucking loud - there's no in-between. Whenever I turn on the amp, my daughters start shouting 'Dad, it's too loud!!'. 

If I had known this issue earlier, I would have not purchased this. Please please please fix this issue. Aren't you guys like the best amp manufacturer in the world?? Come on!

From a very disappointed Korean user. 

answered 04 Dec 2017 at 03:20 AM

Seung Hyun Son
Hello Seung,
Thank you for your comments regarding the master volume, these will be passed on to our develop team. You can try adjusting the pre set volume within the preset on the CODE or the APP.
- JOANNA GREEN 04 Dec 2017 at 02:58 PM

votes

I just unboxed my code 25, and immedialy was faced with this issue with a backing track through bluetooth. For me, the app won't play the song - although I can use iTunes bluetoothed to the code 25 to play, but the volume is so low - I have the same issues with the master and the main volume.

Otherwise great amp, but I always practice with a backing track. 

edited 24 Mar 2018 at 07:19 PM

bluedot studios (1)

answered 22 Mar 2018 at 04:24 AM

bluedot studios (1)
Hi Bluedot,

Are you trying to stream music from your Apple music/iTunes, if so Code will only play purchased music not streamed or any downloaded within an app.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 22 Mar 2018 at 08:55 AM
Aha! That was the issue. If I download my backing tracks the app is working fine. Wish I had some more volume adjustment with the bluetooth though. By having to turn down the volume of my presets to match the backing track, it changes their tone. I hope you will be able to modify this with firmware. - bluedot studios 24 Mar 2018 at 07:19 PM
Hi Bluedot,

Please make sure the Volume on your device is turned up this should help.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 26 Mar 2018 at 07:55 AM

votes

I'll throw my 2 cents in.  My code 100's master vol pot would jump volumes all over the place. No sound on 1, then on 2 it would blast you out-- then go quiet on 6 or 7. It was also scratchy despite cleaning it.   I messaged marshall and they said try firmware blah blah.  I replaced the whole damn board (since you can't get an individual pot) .  The part number is M-PCBA-00005 for a Code 100 combo.  It works great now.  I'm not sure if it's the same board for all models - just email marshall for the correct part number. I ordered it from www.tubesandmore.com for around $76.00 shipped. 

edited 29 Apr 2020 at 10:32 PM

indy jonz (2)

answered 29 Apr 2020 at 10:28 PM

indy jonz (2)

votes

Same problem. You have a nice clean tone at about 2 volume then you try a different one and the volume can be heard 2 miles away since the preset has the volume at 7 so you have to use the app to crank it down but then it sounds washed out. Rocksmith 2014 figured out how to make metal guitar sound good at a reasonable volume. WTF? Very disappointed.

answered 14 Sep 2020 at 07:18 PM

Jack Demers
My suggestion would be to return it to the guitar shop that you bought it from. I bought a CODE 50 last year and was fortunate enough to return it back to the guitar shop before warranty ran out. Marshall has not done anything to address this issue nor do they intend to do so. I recently bought a Fender GTX100 it has bluetooth and no volume issues. It's a terrific, and great sounding modeling amplifier. Fender also provides support for the amp with firmware updates to address any reported issues that may come up. It's one of my favorite modeling amps now. Marshall really dropped the ball and lost a lot of respect from players due to them never addressing the volume problems with their CODE series amps. - Cody Berger 15 Sep 2020 at 02:35 AM

votes

Can't judge the GTX100, but my CODEs are my favorite amps of all time for recording direct (analog). This is an issue, and one would hope for better from the company, but it can be worked through by adjusting the volumes using the app. If you like the sound of the amp, keep it and use the app. Otherwise, look for other options.

edited 11 Jan 2022 at 04:21 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

answered 11 Jan 2022 at 04:20 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

votes

I have the same problem. Master works ok with headphones but is unusable coming through the speaker. 

edited 12 Jan 2022 at 06:27 PM

Chris O’Brien

answered 12 Jan 2022 at 06:27 PM

Chris O’Brien
Hi Chris,

You need to adjust each preset volume, this is not a fault, it the design of the amplifier.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 13 Jan 2022 at 08:59 AM
If I turn down the pre-set volume it changes the tone. This is not a solution that I can accept. I feel very frustrated. To get the amp to a reasonable volume you have to turn the pre-set volume WAY down, which kills the sound.

When I say the master is too loud...I mean that turning the knob a couple of degrees makes it way too loud to sit in the same room with.

Super frustrated.
- Chris O’Brien 22 Jul 2022 at 02:18 PM

votes

The same here. I've been using Marshall amps for over 20 years. I started with a 15 watt MG combo and later a JCM 800 and a DSL 100. When the CODE series came out I switched and bought a CODE 100H with 2x12 box and sold my old amps.

How could I be so stupid. CODE 100 has been standing in a corner for years now, slowly gathering dust. It is not possible to use the amp outside of clubs or stadiums.

I have always found Marshall to be a customer friendly and solid company. Any problems with my JCM or DSL were fixed promptly by Marshall. Well, there were hardly any.
But with the CODE series, I feel ripped off and screwed. It's March 2022 and the problem with the master volume should be solved by turning down the preset volumes?
Well, let me see. The CODE is a digital modeling amp. This means that a virtual tube amp is operated in a kind of soundproof room and the volume is reduced to a tolerable level by the master volume.
So the volume pot is only there to regulate the output stage of the simulated amp. So when I turn this down, I change the power amp setting of the virtual amp. This makes the preset quieter, but changes the sound.
The same happens with a real plexi, for example. So that can't be the solution.
So it's like "Marshall CODE 50" already wrote. There is a cost involved and you would have to recall and repair every CODE amp ever sold.
I cannot sell my CODE 100 because the problem is known and selling it will probably result in a high financial loss.
I use a combo from another company, not as good in terms of sound as Marshall, I'll admit, but usable at home.
My daughter is starting to learn electric guitar and I certainly won't buy her a Marshall.

Thanks Marshall, it was nice while it lasted.

answered 21 Mar 2022 at 06:48 PM

Sven Krebs

votes

Hey guys again,

you know what? I was somehow able to overcome this problem by this solution.

First I was trying to switch the original 50W speaker to the 30W speaker from my VOX AD30-VT. It did not help at all. The CODE was still too loud.

So, after a lot of research, I bought the Monacor AT-52H Mono Bulit-in 50W level control for speakers. Posting the link below.

I bought it from the german company Conrad - I´m sure for example Sven Krebs will be familiar with this company since he is from Germany. But I´m sure there will be lot of distributors of Monacor company all over the world.

Anyway, I disconnect the cables from the internal speaker and installed between the amplifier output and the speaker this controller.

And voila? I am now able to control the output power to the speaker, so I found a good spot on the Monacor regulator and I can finally use the Master Volume as it should be.

The link is here:

?

Monacor company link:

?

I know it´s a DIY solution but I was only a small step to throw the CODE out.

But I was trying my best and maybe, and I will be very happy about that, this could help someone else.

Not sure, if there is some kind of regulator for 100W ( I have the 50W CODE version).

Any questions, please ask here, I´ll try to help :-).

Michal, CZ

answered 21 Mar 2022 at 08:22 PM

Marshall Code 50 (1)

votes

Shoot!

I've just bought a CODE 50. I wish I had known before! =[  

I've noticed the problem, but I thought it was because I've just purchased a "too loud" amp not designed for homes. Then I've tried a Boss Katana 50 in a house friend and then I realized it was a design problem... How Marshall didn't notice this before!?  Come on, obviously this is an amp targeted at home enthusiast players who are looking for a versatile product. It's a shame. I'll try to return it and buy a different one, but they're gonna rip me off with the shipping costs.. well, thanks, Marshall. I thought you were a premium label

answered 31 Aug 2022 at 12:32 AM

D. Vega
Loading - please wait...