Bluetooth Connection Issue

votes

I can't get the app to connect to the amp.

My Android phone connects and pairs to the amp fine (See screenshot). When I go into the app it seems to be able to see the amp but when I hit the button to connect it immediately shows as 'Not Connected'. (See second screenshot).

All firmware is up to date.

This is similar to problems I had when I first got the amp, but after a few teething troubles in the beginning I did get the connection to work pretty consistently, now it's not connecting at all.

On a related note, please give your devs a nudge on getting a desktop app. I see from internet searches that all sorts of people are having connectivity issues, it would be really handy to be able to get round them!

Thanks in anticipation.

asked 05 Jun 2017 at 09:17 AM

Gareth Jones
Hi Gareth,

Sorry you seem to having this issue, I would recommend you unpair all your devices and shut down your phone and then try and reconnect in Bluetooth setting then try opening the app again.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 05 Jun 2017 at 09:43 AM
OK this worked at first but now it has stopped working again.

It's showing as not connected but there seems to be some communication because it's saying 'connected to CODE via BTC' and I can change between presets but not use any of the other controls.

Any other ideas?
- Gareth Jones 21 Jun 2017 at 11:01 AM
Goto settings-backup and reset-network settings-reset settings

Enjoy!
- carlos ribas dos santos 23 Jul 2017 at 12:29 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Well this has got worse and worse. I am now getting  the code detected on my phone but then a warning saying "Can't communicate with CODE..."

I'm really diappointed with this and it has made me regret buying the amp. Because where I have it stored (due to space issues) it's tricky to get to the top of an amp and operate the controls and so I thought a bluetooth (or at least a dektop app so that I could run it from a laptop) would make this amp ideal.

I run several buetooth devices from my phone, and this is the most expensive by far, but it's the only one I have problems with. Really shoddy and I expected better from Marshall.

answered 02 Aug 2017 at 12:12 PM

Gareth Jones
Hello Gareth,
It sounds like there may be a problem with the Bluetooth in your CODE itself. If you return the amp from where you purchased it they should offer you an exchange or refund. Alternatively if you contact our returns department on 01908 375411 we can arrange to check the amp over and fix the issue if it is still under warranty.
Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 03 Aug 2017 at 09:01 AM
Hi, how long is the warranty? I received it on May 23 last year (I had connectivity issues from the outset but it was sorted for a while once I'd emailed the support guys). - Gareth Jones 04 Aug 2017 at 06:30 AM
The CODE comes with a 1 year warranty. If you have completed and returned to us the extended warranty card included with the CODE then you will be covered for a further 2 years. - Marshall Amplification 04 Aug 2017 at 10:54 AM
OK, thanks. I did fill in the warranty (I found it after I asked!) so I'll get in touch. - Gareth Jones 05 Aug 2017 at 06:35 AM
Loading - please wait...