Volume Drop and Effects Loop Issue on 12 year-old DSL 401

votes

My DSL401 has just started to intermittently volume drop i.e. the volume gently fades down to nothing - leave it a while, and the volume returns to normal.  Also, the effects loop doesn't seem to work as it used to - for example, if I plug a delay in to it, the delay is hardly noticeable when you play.  Not sure if the issues are related or not.  I've not had any issues at all over the last 12 years and the tubes have not been swapped out.  Grateful for any advice.  Thanks in advance.

asked 27 Jul 2017 at 07:44 PM

Steve Bygrave
Answers: 3

votes

Hello Steve,

Regarding your DSL 401 we would recommend that you have it looked at by an engineer, if you would like us to look at it for you then please contact our returns department on 01908 375411 to make arrangements. 

answered 10 Aug 2017 at 12:34 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

I have the same problem, Works fine for 30 seconds and fades to 100% zero. swapped all tubes on mine, still same thing.

All they hey ever say in this forum is let an engineer check it out. Sounds like a common problem they won't admit to. 

If if its a transformer, tell me, I can measure voltage. Like they think musicians who want the best equipment can afford to keep the crap going.

i guarantee you, an experienced Marshall engineer knows exactly what the problem is.

answered 21 Apr 2018 at 02:45 AM

Mick Carlotta

votes

Hello Mick,

Regarding your DSL401 it sounds as though the fault may lie in the power supply feeding the heaters of the pre amp valves.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 23 Apr 2018 at 12:43 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...