Marshall Amp Input Busted

votes

Hello. I've lately been having difficultys with my MG50DFX Marshall amp. The problem is, is that the input jack will refuse to make a connection unless I hold the quarter inch jack up. I don't know much about amps and I'm hoping this is a simple fix. I've already taken the amp's motherboard out from the cabinet and taken the piece of plastic off of the top of the jack. I've attempted to bend the 2 metal pieces that make a connection to the male jack down, but to no avail. It still refuses to make sound without me holding the wire up; otherwise, it'll just make feedback. Any ideas?

asked 01 Oct 2017 at 09:45 PM

nonya bidnet
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Brendan.

Could be a dumb question (if so: sorry) but have you tried another input lead???

Don't know anything about the MG series but maybe if you upload a pic. of the board / jack / problem we can give you some more suggestions???

Regards,

Dale.

answered 03 Oct 2017 at 12:19 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

Hello Brendan,

Regarding your MG50DFX the input socket is either damagesd or faulty and would need replacing. 

answered 05 Oct 2017 at 10:42 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.