DSL40CR Volume/treble drop with effect loop engaged.

votes

I bought this DSL40CR 3 weeks ago. When the effects loop is turned on there is a volume drop and treble drop. The high end virtually disappears. Even turning up the treble or resonance doesn't quite fix it either.

It sounds virtually identical if I switch from 40 watt mode to 20 watt mode, without the effects loop engaged. 

In 20 watt mode with the effect loop engaged the volume/treble drop is even worse. This happens when effects loop is engaged through the 6 button footswitch and on the panel.

Is this a normal function of the amp?

asked 09 Apr 2021 at 02:25 PM

Roger Gordon
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your comments, we would recommend the amp is looked at by an engineer, please contact your dealer and they will be able to help.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 12 Apr 2021 at 03:43 PM

votes

Same question!

?

edited 13 Apr 2021 at 03:29 AM

galvin hery

answered 13 Apr 2021 at 03:27 AM

galvin hery
It's essentially "tone suck". Their effects loops are passive and affected by the tubes. I had to do a lot of research to discover what it was....because I didn't think this is a problem per se. The remedy is buying an active effects loop pedal to replace it or buy all rack mounted effects. The issue is most single effects units, like a boss pedal, is a guitar level effect. The Passive effects loop is for line level only. This means that line level effects like expensive rack mounted effects units will perform normal while a boss pedal will not because the input/output of the loop is at a higher volume and power than the pedal plugged into it. - Roger Gordon 23 Apr 2021 at 12:39 PM

votes

I've had a Vox VTX since picking up 2 years ago after a long hiatus. That was a good option to get started again and to figure out what my preference would be for future investments. As I found that about 90% of what I cover was originally done on a Marshall, this was a logical choice.   ? ?

edited 24 Jun 2021 at 07:53 AM

Carlton Flores

answered 24 Jun 2021 at 07:52 AM

Carlton Flores
Loading - please wait...