"My gateway"

votes

Hello.. Why does "My gateway" not appear when I access it from the PC?

Marshall sent:
Do you mean "My gateway" on My Marshall website?

I sent:
Exactly!! On the website the "My Marshall" tab that contained all 100 presets no longer appears. Now I can no longer edit and reposition them as I would like.

Marshall sent:
Sorry, that feature is no longer available.
Presets are now saved to User Library and can be easily accessed in Gateway app. Any preset then can be stored to any CODE slot. Double tap the preset and ten tap the first "Save" button, then it will show you a screen with the 100 CODE preset slots, where you can select where to store your preset.
The only missing feature might be the ability to re-arrange CODE presets, which we will see what we can do about it.

I sent:
I bought a cable specifically to be able to connect my Code 100H to my PC for this feature, and it is now no longer available! I much prefer the drag and drop option as I have had so many issues storing presets to the amp in the correct slot, then programming the footswitch. 
Marshall sent:
Sorry to hear that.
We are working on a feature in Gateway app that allows to re-order CODE presets. Hopefully, that would help you.

I sent:
Hello... Any updates on the comment above? 

asked 07 Feb 2023 at 07:45 PM

Maicon Luis Azzolini
hello guys - Andreas Rothstein 08 Feb 2023 at 12:23 PM
Copying the answer from the original "My Gateway" question:

"We have now released an update for both Android and iOS that allows to easily reorder CODE amp presets from Gateway. For Android, the update should be available within few hours. For iOS, once Apple approves the update it will be immediately released.

1. Connect to CODE amp
2. Go to CODE amp presets screen
3. Press the "Reorder" button
4. Drag the reorder control, which looks like three stacked grey horizontal lines.
5. Once you are satisfied with the reordering of presets then press "SAVE" button.
6. Wait for Gateway to complete the process. Usually it's quick, but sometimes when Bluetooth is busy on CODE amp, it can take a bit longer.

Be aware, that unfortunately CODE firmware can't reorder presets, so what Gateway has to do is:
1. Get preset data for all reordered presets.
2. Update slot index for all reordered presets.
3. Send each preset back to the CODE amp with an updated slot index.
- This can be interrupted by losing the connection with CODE amp, which can result in a lost preset data that was not reordered. Therefore, It's important to let the app finish reordering and do not disconnect the amp!

If CODE amp disconnects, then Gateway will offer you an option to either "Reconnect" or "Abort" the process. Aborting will lose the presets that were not reordered.

Please, let us know if you have any feedback about this new feature."
- Marshall Amplification 13 Feb 2023 at 10:02 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Having this capability on the app is great when on the go to use on my phone but I would prefer having the capability to manipulate the presets on the PC. Convenient and easier on the eyes since im using a phone and not a tablet.

answered 14 Apr 2023 at 02:43 AM

Chris Parrish
Previously the 100 slots on "My Gateway" page were not the actual presets on the CODE amp. It was a separate list that could be reordered and changed. However it did not reorder presets on CODE amp.

Now, in Gateway app user can reorder presets that are stored on the amp.

To make this possible on MyMarshall website, you would need to connect CODE amp to your computer via USB cable. Then MyMarshall website would need to read 100 presets from the CODE amp, so that you can reorder them, and then press a save button to push all the 100 reordered presets back to CODE amp to make a permanent change. This would require a development time, which we think there is no much demand for it.

- Marshall Amplification 14 Apr 2023 at 08:39 AM
Loading - please wait...