Marshall Valvestate Bi Chorus 200-8280

votes

Hi,

A few months ago (Oct 2022), i buy in Reverb a Marshall Valvestate Bi Chorus 8280 and when i turn on, all feels ok, but one day i note only work one speaker. I change the cables and the other speaker are fine and i think the problem was in the output jack.

Finally, i found a tech who tell me he can check it and repair. When the amp is ready to go, i pay and check it in their local store and i notice a weak sound, but i thinked it was the room. The L and R speakers out works now but the problem comes when i push the chorus and the volume rise and have more body.

The guy tell me is because the amp only works in stereo when chorus is on (great sound and body), and in mono (sound lack and low volumen) when put off, but i don't believe it and that's why I'm looking for an answer here.

P.D. When i receive the amp, the first thing i do, is change the valve, so this is not the problem. If i disconected one speaker (L or R), sounds good and the chorus doesn´t affect the tone.

Please help me.

asked 08 Apr 2023 at 12:53 AM

Jorge Rodriguez
Answers: 2

vote

Try to switch a phase of the repaired speaker. There is a solderless connection, so you can do it yourself.

answered 08 Apr 2023 at 08:10 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
I will try this next week. I should mention that both speakers are fine. The problem is in the output connector on the board, the part where you connect the speakers. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly.
- Jorge Rodriguez 08 Apr 2023 at 03:05 PM
It doesn't matter if you switch cables in connector, or at the speaker side. I suspect that speakers work in opposite phases, that's why the sound is weak when played in mono mode. - Jacek Klimkiewicz 08 Apr 2023 at 09:04 PM
Thanks Jacek, today i'm going to check it with a friend, i hope to find where the problem is. Keep in touch. - Jorge Rodriguez 10 Apr 2023 at 06:03 PM

votes

Jacek, you're amazing! The problem was in the connection of a speaker and generated opposite phase. The negative wire was in the positive and when i changed it, the problem was solved. Thank you very much, my friend!

edited 11 Apr 2023 at 05:53 PM

Jorge Rodriguez

answered 11 Apr 2023 at 05:52 PM

Jorge Rodriguez
You are welcome... :-)
I'm glad I could help.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 11 Apr 2023 at 09:14 PM
Loading - please wait...