Code 25 noisy amp models and effects

votes

I commented on a post from May in which the author noted unusable AMP models and problems with the effects, Distortion and Overdrive.  The author noted this followed most recent firmware update.  I too have come to realize excessive noise with my Code 25  when using AMP models other than clean. And engaging the Distortion/ Overdrive effects models is notably noisy  with a background ticking or pulsing.  I normally use Clean amp models., so had not associated with update to 1.47, but don't recall this from previous version. 
Anyone else have this issue?  Any action to address?  Any chance a Factory reset might clear this up?  Thank you

asked 18 Sep 2023 at 01:09 PM

John Dishmon
Hi John,

Factory reset will only reset presets, we would suggest the amp is looked at by an engineer to check for any faults on the amplifier.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 18 Sep 2023 at 01:36 PM
Answers: 1

votes

I have never noticed any changes in amp models following firmware updates.

I would suggest that its perfectly normal for noise to be more apparent when using high gain models. That is why the noise gate was invented. The code has the "Threshold" control to adjust the level of the noise gate. I would suggest increasing the threshold value until the noise is removed.

Any clicking or ticking noise sounds to me like interference. This could be radio frequency generated from external equipment such as computers or mobile phones and even electronic heating thermostats etc, and can even be more noticible on single coil pickups or inexpensive guitar leads. Try moving the amp to another room and see it the ticking is still there.

Also interference can be mains borne and coming in on the power cable. Try taking the amp to another location such as a friends house and see if the interference is still there.

answered 23 Sep 2023 at 08:00 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
Loading - please wait...