Help me solve my volume woes

votes

OK so I have been messing around with the 4 way footswitch, settings, and other ways to boost the volume of lead playing vs rhythm playing while live. I have already tried tweaking my volume settings in the app, and boosting the OD effects level as high as it will go, and there still is not a discernible difference in volume when playing live or at practice. I am wondering if I can just add a volume pedal inline between the guitar and amp to rectify this. A previous post I had on here someone told me to advust the volume setting per patch, but the problem I run into is when I set the main amp volume, it saves all the way across the board, and I cannot save individual parameters- for example, if I set my FS control to no OD on switch 1 and the volume in the app to 3, then turn on the OD and set the level of OD to 9.9, it does nothing in the way of significant volume output. I find myself tweaking the master knob in rehearsal to get the volume up. 

So I am assuming a volume pedal is my only alternative. Unless I am missing something here. I don't see a way to boost volume for a solo unless I want to duplicate the bank and then boost the volume on the adjacent bank and flip between the two? Is that the only solution here?

asked 15 Dec 2023 at 01:47 PM

Richard Stackon
Answers: 1

vote

Richard, I'm not pretty sure if I understand your problem, but I'll try to give you some advices hoping it may help you.

First of all - footswitch does NOT remember any settings. The only thing it can do is to assign desired preset to one of its positions (A1, A2... J3). There is another mode of FS - to turn on and off effect blocks INSIDE the preset, to be honest I dont't like this mode.

Adding volume pedal between your guitar and amp will work only fot absolutely clean presets. Changing signal level BEFORE any distortion or overdrive will not change the volume, it will only change the amount of distortion.

And the last advice - stop using an app - in my personal opinion it is totally useless...

answered 17 Dec 2023 at 09:38 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Thank you Jacek. You understood it and I got your response. I have learned now that I just need to copy the patch and add it to the bank next to the original setting. I label one as rhythm and another as lead, and all I do is bring up the volume level on the lead patch. I then make sure to set up my foot switch so the two are right next to each other. It works perfectly. The point you made about the volume pedal makes total sense; I would have never considered the effect it would have on overdrive.
I like the ease of the app when it comes to reordering my patches and renaming things. It's pretty much all I use it for.
Thank you.
- Richard Stackon 18 Dec 2023 at 02:00 AM
Loading - please wait...