Interference problem with code 25

votes

I recently bought the Marshall code 25. I have a constant interference problem which makes the amplifier unusable.

There are crackles, after trying several places in my house I realized it was because of the wifi. And if I remove the wifi I hear a radio on my amplifier.

Does anyone know if there's an adjustment to be made or is the amplifier defective?

asked 31 Dec 2023 at 12:45 PM

Antoine Leray
You hear a radio? A radio station? The only reason you would hear audio coming out of your amplifier is 1: your phone connection to the amp and Bluetooth is playing something that is running on your phone, like a background app or podcast or something you may be listening to 2: you are using a wireless guitar system that is picking up a certain frequency and rebroadcasting it through the wireless system, or 3: you have an issue with Bluetooth on your amp.
I'd start off by disconnecting Bluetooth and restoring the amplifier to factory settings. Perform all necessary updates, then turn the amp on and try playing it to see if you get any interference. If you hear "cracking" and are using a cable, you may have an issue with the cable or the guitar internals. Try using another guitar and see if that clears up. Then switch cables and see if that does the trick. You should hear NOTHING coming through your amp except the guitar, specifically because the amplifier is just that- an AMPLIFIER of a signal and not a RECEIVER of a signal (unless Bluetooth is active).
If all is clear, then move on to reconnecting the Bluetooth. First, make sure all your background apps are closed down. Then connect and make sure you are running the latest software and app versions. If you get ANY kind of radio noise or signal then the culprit is most likely your phone. Short of someone piggybacking off your amp's Bluetooth connection within the same house (due to limited range of BT), I don't see any other explanation. And if you're using a wireless setup, ditch it and go with a cable.Reminds me of Spinal Tap.
- Richard Stackon 01 Jan 2024 at 02:59 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...