Usage of line out and DI out on back of AS50D for wired in-ear monitoring

votes

Dear Marshall,

I have the Marshall AS50D.

Can i use the line out jack to connect a wired headphone to it so i can use that as in-ear monitoring? Or will it blow up my headphones, my ears and my head?

Could i use the D.I. Out to connect a device like the Fischer Amps mini body pack, so i can plug my headphone into the Fischer Amps mini body pack and thus have a volume knob close at hand? Link: http://fischer-amps.de/en/in-ear-monitoring/mini-body-pack-xlr-oder-klinken-eingang.html

Or does Marshall have it's own solution for this?

I use the Marshall AS50D to sing and accompany myself with the guitar. When i have a gig in a restaurant they want me to play silently (lol) but then i have trouble hearing myself because of the ambient noise and i start singing out of pitch which is like a weapon of mass destruction.

But i can't say: stop talking, stop eating and stop using your cutlery, because, well you know, it's a restaurant and all that. So therefore i need an in ear solution. Preferably wired because wireless is too expensive and not necessary too, since i'm not allowed to stagedive in a restaurant (anymore).

Best regards,
Johan

asked 28 Dec 2017 at 07:09 AM

johan waaldijk
Answers: 1

vote

Hello Johan,

You can use the line out to feed into a headphone amplifier as the sockets are not deisgned to run the headphones direct. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 04 Jan 2018 at 08:56 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Hi Marshall Support!

Do you make an amp that would solve this for me too?

Thanks,

Matt
- Matt Holland 28 May 2020 at 11:35 PM
Loading - please wait...