CODE 100 and The Footswitch Controller

votes

Yesterday, I went to my local guitar shop and purchased a Code 100 2x12 Combo and it came with a two-way footswitch. I assumed it would work with it considering I knew it came with a footswitch. However, the footswitch doesnt do much. The effects side does nothing to my amp and when I press the Normal / OD side twice, it will change my amp preset in reverse. For example, if I'm using my JCM 800 tone and I press the Normal / OD button twice, it will go to preset 99. Did they give me the wrong footswitch? Was I supposed to receive the Code programmable footswitch instead and the retail clerk didn't know what he was doing? Or is there a way to program the two way footswitch so it actually can be used effectively rather than a paperweight with a long cable on it? Please let me know as this has been frustrating for me. I play live shows and have shows coming up and can't afford to not have a footswitch. 

asked 19 Jan 2018 at 07:53 PM

James Pilipovic II
I don't think Marshall has released an "up-down" footswitch for the code amps yet. Your footswitch must be for other amps. - Dennis Bowen 20 Jan 2018 at 12:41 PM
Answers: 2

vote

As far as I know CODE 100C is sold with PEDL-91010 foot switch, which is two-button up and down controller. I strongly recommend to buy optional PEDL-91009 four-button programmable device. Fortunately it's not very expensive, and I was really surprised with its funcionality. 

answered 21 Jan 2018 at 07:33 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (246)
Yah you really need to get the right footswitch which is excellent. then watch some youtube videos to familiarize yourself with the functions .It's Awesome!
- scott hennessy 21 Jan 2018 at 04:14 PM
Yes The footswitch is a game changer! - ssolo 8 27 Feb 2018 at 03:41 AM

vote

It sounds like the wrong footswitch.  The footswitch that comes stock with the CODE 100H is just two buttons:  preset up and preset down.  There is no effects switch.

answered 21 Jan 2018 at 01:56 AM

Mark Hallman (25)
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.