Code 25 master volume backround noise

votes

Hi

on my Code25 there is very loud backround noise. When I set some preset (at least some with some gain on it) it starts infernal humming and rattling. If I turn master volume up, it increases and if I put it down, it decreases. It’s extremely annoying and infact makes me not to use amp at all.

is this something it should be or is my amp faulty?

asked 04 Apr 2018 at 12:02 PM

Lasse Ketola
What guitar are you using? If you have/had any other amps does it do this with those as well? - Kees van Gils 10 Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
I've tried with several guitars. Humbucker and single coils. Same effect with all. I've got two other amps as well, those doesn't "scream" with the same guitars. - Lasse Ketola 10 Apr 2018 at 04:46 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Yes, it's normal, especially in case of some OD channels. Some factory presets are simply to loud. Try to decrease Volume (NOT Master volume), increase  noise gate treshold, and don't forget to SAVE modifications to your amp.

If your guitar is equipped with single coil pick-ups, the noise can be much higher then with humbuckers. Cable quality, shielded wiring, grounded power supply - everything can affect the noise level.

answered 04 Apr 2018 at 01:37 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Remove cable from guitar, if you still have noise you have problem with earth - Stefano Paoli 04 Apr 2018 at 02:34 PM
Interesting. When I remove cable, noise increases. All power plugins are grounded etc. I will have to start moving this all around house. - Lasse Ketola 04 Apr 2018 at 02:56 PM
Loading - please wait...