Midi specification to send/receive command from CODE

votes

Hello, I would like to connect one of my PCs (OS linux) on a Marshall CODE 50 and take control via usb midi.

When I open /etc/dmmidi2 in read acces. Reading file char by char, I see information when I touch the buttons of the amp (PREFX, AMP, MOD, ...). I can find the information in CODE-Midi-Implementation-Chart-V2.1.pdf.

I usually get two or three bytes and cross it with the document.
But this frame is not in the form Start of Transmission> Header> Command> End of Transmission.

By against when I open /etc/dmmmidi2 in write access, I can not send any command.
After having turned on the amp, I sent the following sequence for RECALL PRESETS 05:
0xF0 0x00 0x21 0x15 0x7F 0x7F 0x7F 0x73 0x01 0x05 0xF7
or RECALL CURRENT SETTINGS:
0xF0 0x00 0x21 0x15 0x7F 0x7F 0x7F 0x72 0x01 0x00 0xF7
Start of Transmission> Header> Command> End of Transmission
This command does not seem to work. Is there an intermediary step?

Would it be possible to give me a typical sequence to the CODE or a document that will explain the procedure to operate (ON / OFF) one of the button (PREFX, AMP, MOD, ...) of the amp.
Thank you in advance.
Cordially.

yoann

asked 11 May 2018 at 07:24 AM

Yoann Thomas
There are more questions than answers ...la la la. - Huntly Robertson 13 Feb 2020 at 01:21 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.