Code 25 Bluetooth problems

votes

Like apparently everyone else, my Code 25 "forgets" to turn on Bluetooth, and I have to restart the pairing process all over again, everytime I want to play.  I have to delete the pairing from my phone, turn on bluetooth pairing on the amp,  and rediscover the amp.  EVERY FREAKING TIME.  Where's that update to the firmware?

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 08:03 PM

aaron busby (3)
Hi Aaron,

I have exactly the same issue with my Code 25 Bluetooth connection and after reporting this I received couple of advice from Marshall team which lead to nowhere.
Then I returned my amp to the store and after several tests, including comparative with new Code 25performed, the Polish Marshall dealer certified that my amp works as the other and they can’t help me with Bluetooth issue.
So no solution at all!!!
@Marshall: could you please let us know finally when you expect to implement new firmware to solve that misfunction? You gave enough empty promises so far.
BTW
I still like the sound of your box but don’t claim this is a Bluetooth amplifier.
- Krzysztof Petyniak 15 Jul 2018 at 08:29 AM
Answers: 7

votes

I just bought a brandnew CODE 25, Firmware is 1.41, and also have the Bluetooth issue. Need to repair everything I turn it on. Tried with 2 different Smart-Devices.

I can confirm the bug. 

Is there anyway to role back to an earlier Firmware Version?

answered 16 Sep 2018 at 10:28 PM

Alexander Fleischmann (14)
Hi Alexander,

There is no way to roll back Firmware, could I ask which device you have, that you are trying to connect.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 17 Sep 2018 at 08:35 AM
I tried through an Ipad Pro and Iphone 6s. Both devices connect perfectly on pairing and work flawlessly with the CODE 25. As soon as I turn off the CODE and turn it back on it doesn't pair anymore, blue light never goes on. I have to delete the pairing and redo it each time I turn the AMP on. According to the manual the AMP should automatically connect with the latest used device (as any other bluetooth device does), but in my case the blue light never comes on again. I even waited for up to 30 min. Nothing. When trying to connect from the Smart-Device (both Phone or Pad) it tells me the AMP is not available or not in range. - Alexander Fleischmann 17 Sep 2018 at 08:53 AM
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the reply, I would recommend having the amp looked at by an engineer, and get them to check the Bluetooth Module on the unit.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 17 Sep 2018 at 09:03 AM
?? But the bluetooth unit apparently works otherwise I couldn't pair in the first place. Sorry to say, but the issue relates much more likely to a software bug. There are numerous accounts about the same issue since the latest firmeware update. While I cannot confirm that as I never had a previous FW, my unit was delivered with 1.41. this sounds much more likely when analyzing the issue.
The moment I press the bluetooth buttons the AMP is again in pairing mode, so the module obviously works, it just doesn't reconnect.
- Alexander Fleischmann 17 Sep 2018 at 10:04 AM
Hi Alexander,

Firmware 1.4.1 had nothing that would have affected the Bluetooth, it was mainly preset updates, it seems like the board is not is not entering repair mode, once switch off.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 17 Sep 2018 at 10:15 AM
Really, Marshall, I think you should stop sending people to "engineers".
I agree with Alexander - the Bluetooth module itself works.
I like the amp very much, but your handling of this Bluetooth problem ruins good impression about the Marshall brand.

- "it seems like the board is not is not entering repair mode, once switch off".
Looks like a FW bug to me. If I was investigating this issue, I would check the initialization part, where the main unit handles Bluetooth function and communicates with Bluetooth driver.
- ilya macle0d 17 Sep 2018 at 10:15 AM

votes

Hi Arron,

Sorry you seem to be having this issue, could you let me know which device and which Firmware version you have, we are working on an update.

Marshall Support

answered 09 Jul 2018 at 09:54 AM

votes

I’m using an IPhone 7, but the problem seems to be the amp. The Bluetooth doesn’t turn on unless I manually press the two Bluetooth buttons, which of course resets the connection. I have to do that every time I turn on the amp.   And then it will drop the connection several times if I play long enough (more than 10-15 minutes)  

As as far as firmware, when I turn the amp on, the LCD screen says 1.11, but I’ve updated to the latest version both through the MIDI functionality of Chrome browser and through the Windows update tool download. Every time it tells me that my amp has been upgraded to the latest version, even though the startup screen still says 1.11. 

answered 09 Jul 2018 at 12:34 PM

aaron busby (3)

votes

Hi Aaron,

The 1.11 is the Amp version not the Firmware version, I would suggest getting the amp looked at, there could be an issue with your bluetooth modual, also have you tried this in different rooms, as WiFi can cause an issue with connection.

Marshall Support

answered 09 Jul 2018 at 01:52 PM

votes

I will probably be taking it back for an exchange. 

BUT, the Bluetooth should come on when I turn on the amp, correct?  It does not do that. I have to go through the entire pairing process and reset everything every time I turn on the amp. 

answered 09 Jul 2018 at 02:17 PM

aaron busby (3)
That is correct Aaron, the blue light will come on, and can take up to a minute to find the last connection.

Where are you based

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 09 Jul 2018 at 02:22 PM

votes

Yeah the blue light never comes on unless I manually force it on. 

I am based in the US. 

answered 09 Jul 2018 at 02:40 PM

aaron busby (3)
I would suggest speaking to the store, and getting a replacement or getting the unit tested, they will be able to arrange this for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 09 Jul 2018 at 02:47 PM
I returned the amp to the store and got a "working" unit. The new amp automatically turns on the Bluetooth every time I turn it on, like it's supposed to, BUT... I still have issues with it dropping connection quite often. I don't have to "re-pair" each time, but I do have to close the app, turn off bluetooth, and then turn it back on, and open the app again. That seems to fix it for a while, but it's still aggravating that it will drop connection again if I continue to play long enough. - aaron busby 11 Jul 2018 at 07:47 PM
Does the new amp have the latest FW version (1.41) as the previous unit?
(Hold down PRE FX, MOD and REV while turning on your amp, the display should show FW version. Not the amp version, which is 1.11)
I have the same issue where Bluetooth is not turned on automatically, but many people say it's firmware problem.
Marshall people provide different confusing answers, sometime they say it's FW problem, sometimes they say "it's faulty amp, go return it back to the store".
- ilya macle0d 11 Jul 2018 at 11:06 PM
Dear Aaaron, would you please let us know on which Firmware Version your "working" unit is? - Alexander Fleischmann 17 Sep 2018 at 10:07 AM

votes

I have a Code 25 with the latest FW and amp versions.  When I turn it on the blue tooth does not turn on and I have to re pair it every time.  I received this using my hotel points and connot return if for an exchange.  What do I do?

answered 25 Feb 2019 at 07:06 PM

Bob Cavanaugh
Poor you, most of us are suffering already for a long time as you can see from this threat. Although promised by Marshall many times there is no fix in sight. Seems they care very little about us. For me the Bluetooth functionality was the key reason why I chose this amp in the first place. So we need to live without the Bluetooth functionality which is a shame as the whole management of the settings via smartphone or tablet is lost and even if you manage to re-pair the streaming of music is of very bad quality, so I switched to cable to jam along. Was probably my last Marshall though I was pleased with earlier customer service, but on this occasion Marshall is a big disappointment. I didn't return it because we were promised a fix but after half a year still nothing.
It is claimed not to be the firmware however they also don't tell which batch of amps has faulty BT modules.
- Alexander Fleischmann 26 Feb 2019 at 08:27 AM
Hi Bob,

Some devices lose connection and you need to repair from the start, we are working on a fix for this, you amp will still be under warranty so if you want it looked at by an engineer, please contact the dealer you purchased the amp with and they will be able to arrange this for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 26 Feb 2019 at 08:48 AM
I cashed in my Marriott hotel points to buy this amp and it shipped directly from the manufacturer. Who do I return it to now? - Bob Cavanaugh 26 Feb 2019 at 12:32 PM
Hi Bob,

You will still have a warranty, you need to contact the dealer you ordered through, if you email us on servicedesk@marshall.com, with your proof of purchase we can forward it on for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 26 Feb 2019 at 01:17 PM
Loading - please wait...