Brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue with “ghost notes”.

votes

Hi there, guys 

I’m new to the forum and new to valve amps. In fact, I’ve just purchased my first valve amp: a brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue.

Running through a 1960av and a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator and it sounds awesome - except for these damn so called ghost notes (just learned about them) that only happen when I set the master volume at higher values (above 6.5 or 7). It also only seems audible in higher pitches around the 12 fret.

Reading a lot about filter caps and stuff. But it’s a brand new amp and I still have warranty. So that’s not the case for trying to fix it myself.

My question is: should I assume it’s “normal” and keep my amp? If that’s the case, how can I crank it (and get that  beautiful power section overdrive) and minimize those annoying ghost notes? Is electric grounding improvement / adding a power filter of any good?

Or you guys think I should go to Marshall assistance and ask for a replacement?

Thank you very much,

Any help appreciated,

asked 15 Jul 2018 at 03:57 PM

Jopa Travassos
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Jopa,

Regarding your 2203 you sometimes may hear these notes, but that does not neccassarily mean there is a fault with the amplifier, if you are at all concerned then we recommend that you take it back to the dealer so they can check it over for you. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 18 Jul 2018 at 08:48 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...